PDA

View Full Version : Another Steering Stabilizer....Different Fitment

BuellPartsGuy
01-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Another one in on a double order by mistake.

Storz Steering Stabilizer for 05-07 XB9/12R Firebolts, brand new, this one isn't even unwrapped.

Retail is $365.00

I'll let this one go $300 shipped to you in the lower 48 states.

I can't go any lower on this one. So I'll just mark it at bottom dollar to start with.

Let me know guys.

2Evil4U
01-31-2007, 08:51 PM
I wish you'd screw up for a Lightning or Uly....;)

BuellPartsGuy
01-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Storz makes em. As far as one for the Lightning though, I would go with something from LSL or Hyperpro. The mounting is a little more pleasing to the eye on the Lightning with those because they mount on the triple clamp rather than on the fork like the Storz unit. Some companies make a front isolator mount style also. I know Ohlins makes that kind for the XBRR.

05xb12r
03-04-2007, 09:24 PM
yea for sure ill take it let me know whts up with how u want to do this

tbramich
05-09-2007, 10:55 AM
did you ever sell it?

BuellPartsGuy
05-09-2007, 03:49 PM
yeah its sold, I have been trying to get more in but they are backordered til the end of the month.

holmtech
05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
BuellPartsGuy, what sort of situations does this stabilizer help under? I've never experienced head-shake on a street bike like on a dirt bike. But just yesterday I got on the power a little much coming out of a turn and spun the back tire loose. The bike started to high side back and forth to each side before landing on it's side with me still trying to hold on. I'm thinking the stabilizer might have helped me recover but is this what it's meant for?

Thanks

Mark

BuellPartsGuy
05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah that is one of the situations they are made to help out with. Bummer about the bike....

holmtech
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks. As far as the bike, I got real lucky. The frame wasn't even scratched, so a new blinker, headder pipe, and handlebar and it should be like new. + stabilizer and it should be better. Thanks again.

JWolk217
03-19-2008, 10:31 PM
I just received a new Hyperpro Steering Damper from ExoticSportbike.com and they sent me the wrong one. I ordered an "active RSC" damper, but they sent me the "non-active". I called and they said they coudn't get the active. Anyone run into this problem? Has anyone installed the Active or the Non-Active Damper from Hyperpro? I could use your input. I have an 2007 XB12S.

http://www.hyperpro.com/upload/dampers/algemeen.jpg

rider1086
02-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello I also have a 05 firebolt and I was wondering what the length of the stabilizer is in millimeters so that I can match one for my bike. If someone could let me know the length for the side mounted one and the one that goes to the engine mount. Any help would be great, so that I can make my own. Thanks.