PDA

View Full Version : neutral problems

bigblue09
07-03-2010, 06:58 PM
im having a problem while shifting down into first and up into second. when i shift dow into first sometimes it just wants to stay in neutral and i have to kick it kinda hard to put it into first but it doesnt happen all the time. its kinda hard sometimes to shift up into second. it keeps trying to stay in neutral if i dont click it up really hard. are they all like this or do i have a problem?

strmvt
07-03-2010, 07:01 PM
heck the adjustment on the shifter if it fits "YOU" it may need adjusting to fit the way you ride. I would start there 1st

Thunderstorm
07-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Try lubing the shifter linkage, sometimes it binds up with dirt. mine does the same problem, I lubed it and works much better.

bigblue09
07-03-2010, 07:23 PM
its on a blast. there is no linkage

Thunderstorm
07-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh ok, my bad, try check the primary oil level, have you done any service on your Blast?

bigblue09
07-03-2010, 07:43 PM
no i just got it last week. im going to re position the shifter and see what that does before i try anything else. the primary fluid probably needs to be changed. the bike has 3900 miles on it and idk when it was changed

bigblue09
07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
to add to the problems, sometimes when its in first and im trying to start going i let the clutch out some and it will start pulling slowly then it feels like it grabs and starts moving like it should while the clutch is not all the way out. its almost like its not all the way in gear till it grabs. i dont know what to do. could it be the clutch?

Alfatango1
07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Typical blast clutch, super vague then BAM! No real progression. Hell my XB is worlds better but still sucks compared to my past bikes and my Triumph 675.

bigblue09
07-06-2010, 07:08 PM
idk if adjusting the clutch will help. i have to let it almost all the way out before it catches. should it be like half way out when it starts to catch??

ezblast
07-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Loosen your primary,loosen the adjustment for the clutch at the cable, adjust clutch at primary, and check fluid, re- adjust clutch at cable and levor, the do primary by spec except instead of their few flats out, you will go 12 flats out after torquing to spec, Then test ride, accordingly make any adjustments needed to primary or clutch to bring within spec and satisfaction.
EZ