PDA

View Full Version : Airbox - what screwdriver to remove the screws?

Yan
07-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Wanted to remove the airbox cover (suede gas tank) and realized I don't have any idea what screwdriver to use. Is it a torx? what size? Thanks!

Miami78
07-04-2010, 07:39 PM
#27 torx.

twoguns
07-05-2010, 12:18 AM
its in your tool kit too. under your seat.

Yan
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
unfortunately it's not, only #30 and #40. BTW, does anyone have a list of what has to be in the toolbox and what doesn't? mine has a mix of metric and US wrenches, including some big ones which I'd rather not haul around unless I have to. Thanks!

Miami78
07-05-2010, 04:43 PM
What bike are you riding? It should be #27 unless someone swapped your hardware out (or you're riding a tuber...I know jack about those).

Tools are up to you, and how comfy you are wrenching on your bike. If you don't know how to do squat to your bike then don't bother carrying any tools. Otherwise carry the tools that will let you complete what you know how to do and will fit in whatever space you have to store them.

Yan
07-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I have an '08 Ulysses, NOT the touring version. I am not the first owner, which probably explains the missing T27. As for the toolset - I was wondering what comes with the stock toolset, if I had a list I could get the missing tools. It's not always the question of what I personally can fix, I may get help from others, so for as long as I have the basic set that the bike was originally equipped with I would feel safe enough. For the rest I carry an AAA card.