PDA

View Full Version : Where is the header temp sensor located?

zippitta
07-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I am trying to figure out what is causing my break-up misfire and I came across a recent post where someone an 01 X1 was having the same issues as me. It ended up being what he called the header/temp sensor wire being chaffed and grounding out.

the only thing that I can find on the bike that I can see being a temp sensor is a single wire running to the center on the rear head... is this what he was refering to?

Sorry, I dont have a service manual yet so Im trying to figure out all the wires and sensors as I go :(

afinley
07-04-2010, 08:29 PM
That is the one

zippitta
07-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Well, I checked the resistance of the temp sensor from both the connector on the sensor itself and running to the ECU connector both numbers were the same... the motor was still a little warm probably 90+ when I started and it checked at about 26.3 with my multimeter set at 200k so Im assuming that means the resistance is about 26,300 ohms(Im not an electrician so I hope Im reading my meter right)... and as the motor cooled even more it went up to 27.7( again assuming that means 27,700 ohms).... i downloaded a manual for a 99' to 00' and according to that table it is pretty much right on for that temp range... and I wiggled the sensor wire around and couldnt get the reading to change at all, so Im certain there is no short in the wire anywhere... oh well, back to do some more trouble shooting... if anyone has any suggestions as to what could be wrong, please, I am open to check just about anything. I just got this bike and I really want to ride it...lol

bobgoo1
09-12-2014, 02:32 PM
it's in the middle on top of the rear cylinder and you need a 1/2 socket like a O2 sensor socket. Americansportbike.com has them the owner is Al he knows everything you need to know about Buells.

konarider94
09-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Haha way to answer a question from 4 years ago. And if you read the thread you would see he knew where it was, and he tested it showing it was still good. Other than that [up] [confused]