PDA

View Full Version : WTB XB parts: pillion and RH scoop

PlayWithGravity
02-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm looking for a custom pillion for my Firebolt, as well as a right side air scoop. Anyone know of a good place to shop for these two items?

The only place I can find the RH scoop is at Trojan Horse Racing and it's TOO expensive (carbon fiber). I can't find a custom pillion for under $110.

Any help?

buellxb
02-02-2007, 01:36 PM
I can get you a carbon fiber right side scoop for $275, or a fiberglass version for $235 (needs to be painted). Email me if you're interested. Hopefully we'll have these parts listed on the buellxb.com parts shop soon. buellparts@yahoo.com

CanadianBuell
04-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Is the right side CF air scope made to match the left? I have a CF Left and it is done in plain weave style, is the this the case with the right also. I bought the left air scope and air box cover in CF off the same company I believe you are getting the air boxes you are selling from. Are they the supplier for the Right side scoop? If I can get the right side to match I will be selling my black fibreglass one from trojanhorse if anyone is interested. The scope is the best thing I've bought for the Buell, it shuts the annoying fan up.:)

buellxb
04-20-2007, 02:02 AM
I know you can get the right and left scoop from americansportbike.com I was trying to source parts from him, but I don't think he likes me. He probably views me as a competitor. I now get Carbon Fiber parts out of California and they are working on new designs right now. You should see them on the Buell Parts Shop (http://www.buellparts.net) soon. I think this Cali connection will help me reduce prices and improve quality. My business is right next to a really sweet body shop that works on really high end cars and motorcycles. Hopefully I can work out a deal to get Carbon Fiber parts custom painted to your liking before they ship. Carbon Fiber is almost as easy to paint as Fiberglass, but it's even lighter. I would like to replace all the hard to paint plastic parts with cost effective CF parts.

bahamasair
04-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Honestly Id like a plastic scoop to match the left side. I know a guy on BWB that sells them but they are the same or more than carbon after the exchange rate. I dont see why a plastic scoop would be more than 50-75 bux.

buellxb
04-20-2007, 01:31 PM
You'd think plastic should be cheaper, but I can tell you it's not for this industry. I have plastic injection molds for pots. We make over 20,000 plastic pots per month and that's why we can get the price down to around $15 per pot. There just aren't enough Buell XB's on the road that want scoops to pay for a $60,000 mold. The return on investment would take a long time, and I bet Buell will change the models in a few years. Carbon Fiber and Fiberglass molds are cheap ($1000 - $2000), but they are more expensive to make on an individual basis. You can check out Metrorp.com if you want to have a custom one of plastic part. They use million dollar rapid prototyping machines to do this.

bahamasair
04-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Why is the mold 60k? I dont really care enough to pay almost $300 for a scoop right now. Im quite happy just jumping on the bike and beating the **** out of it. The way I ride the fan running is the least of my problems :)