PDA

View Full Version : Buell X1 Build??

FenderBlues
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey fellaz ive fooled around with asian bikes for close to 10 years but found a good deal on a 2002 x1 frame and am thinking of picking it up for a project, as far as parts go, how "Interchangeable are parts on these things ie different engines/front ends etc?? Is it a go or no go[up][down]??

Red93stang
07-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Go for it! I think you will find that a lot of stuff bolts on. Most people use the xb stuff for their tubers. Wheels, front brake system, swing arm and so on. Good luck!

pur pony
07-27-2010, 08:09 AM
hope you went for it.. buells are a blast, especially a tuber frame buell. I have a 99 and love it to death. This is coming from a guy who used to ride an 03 r1. Im more of a back twisty road rider then a highway 150+ rider... so its all in what you want. To me a tube frame buell is like a muscle car, basic and raw.

As far as parts go, any tuber motor will bolt right in. You have you choice of swingarms (old box style, 99+ aluminum, or even a XB if you want to get custom but some weldings involved). The nice thing is, the tuber motors share everything with a sportster as well but make double the hp.

Like the poster above, may XB parts fit or can be made to fit. I have XB wheels, brakes, triples, forks, etc on my X1.

good luck