PDA

View Full Version : XB9SX 2009 ECM What to do?

joaquinbarroso
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Gretings from Mexico, Im the proud Owner of a 09 XB9SX, and have a tech question to know what my options are.
Have this mods installed already.
KN replacement filter
Re-route crankcase hoses
Air box delete
Jardine RT1 Race core
Titanium Header wrap
But the one thing is missing is the ECM I have stock and want to upgrade, Can I program my stock one? How?Can a Harley dealer program my stock ECM? What would you recommend? What other mods would you recommend?
Thanks in advance and best regards.
Note that in Mexico is very difficult to find parts or anything related to Buell. So Please HELP.:)

Jon0341
07-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Don't do anything being an 09 its more advanced and learns to adjust to the changes you have made. You just have to ride it above 3000 rpms for like 15-20 minutes.If you want other than stock you can buy an ecm already preprogramed from ericbuellracing.com, contact them and they can help you get the right one. Honestly save the 250 and keep the stock imo.

afinley
07-08-2010, 12:20 PM
EBR has a Jardine specific ECM, which I would recommend.

joaquinbarroso
07-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks for your help, already contacted EBR and their developing the ECM for XB9, they answered my mail in like 5 minutes awsome dudes, to be honest I think the bike is running just fine after riding for a few days, some people say that if you are not reprograming you will be on the lean side, just want to be sure, I tend to agree with Jon0341, but as soon as EBR develop the product I will take a hard look in to that, thanks for the input and regards. What other mods will you work on a XB9 2009?

ramm
07-27-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm also waiting for the EBR ECM, I have a deadspot in my acceleration when I get on it pretty hard between 3.5k and 4k. It's very frustrating.