PDA

View Full Version : Seat Maintenance

Pete Sillem
02-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Boring and anal I know but what do I use to treat the seat on the Ulyssess. Live in Western Australia. Lots of sun and heat. Was told if I use the same stuff used for all other plastics it'll turn into slippery slide. Any suggestions?

splash
02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Armor all has leather cream that does not leave oily residue.
Here in Greece the sun shines and burns all.

Pete Sillem
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks splash.

LeFox
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Armor all has leather cream that does not leave oily residue.
Here in Greece the sun shines and burns all.
but the oem seat isn't made out of leather...

unless you have a leather seat, pete...i wouldn't know :o

Pete Sillem
02-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Yeah I know. Treating leather seems easier. the oem seat is a sort woven plastic job. I might just try the stuff I use on other exposed plactic parts and see what happens. Thanks. Been cruising devilstar and buellforum.nl sites. Can you guys get parts out here to Australia? Would be nice to have another option.

LeFox
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
what would you need?

australians are one of the biggest rh airscoop buyers we have :p

there's now a guy called 'sillyman' from australia on the buellforum.nl...wouldn't be you, would it???
he can read dutch & speak it [confused]

australia is always reachable, but if the price is still interesting, i wouldn't know...:o

for the seat...i would guess that aslong that it doesn't stand in the sun with water on it, it will survive the sun for quite some time.
if not, i think the price of the containers with special product you rub on it, will cost the same as a new seat.
or you can always buy a corbin seat...more comfortable and leather. ;)

Pete Sillem
02-08-2008, 12:00 AM
That's me. Great site. Introduced myself and got 30 odd replies within 24hrs including numerous queries related to sheep shagging and one offer of three way sex. ****ing hilarious! Was looking at luggage racks. Buell Australia has got that one completely sewn up and I'm now leaning towards soft, easily removable luggage. Better than having a capsule hanging out the back all the time. The bike is nearly always undercover so I think the seat will last for a while. Have sourced a right hand scoop here in Australia. I've read that there's more choice of after market parts in Europe. Hence my querie. Tot de volgende keer LeFox!

Cheers

LeFox
02-08-2008, 10:51 AM
then maybe you can contact 'bud' from twinmotorcylces (http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/), they have good prices and ship with DHL.

but then again, i think with the usd. as it is, buell original parts are less expensive via u.s.
;)

Pete Sillem
02-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks LeFox. The Buell scene in Holland is amazing. Unfortunately lots of US suppliers don't ship outside the US or Canada. Australia? Is that in Europe?

LeFox
02-14-2008, 08:29 PM
i had contact with a dealer in NY a while back for the heel shields...he was willing to send it over.

so maybe contact a dealer directly might be an option [confused]