PDA

View Full Version : 99 x1 fixing oil leak at cylinder base/will put new pistons? any addvise on pistons

grant0606
07-11-2010, 02:32 AM
hi just joined ! im an ozie (g'day mate)lol , im fixing my x1 oil leak at the base of rear cylinder oil was bubbling out,
thought the head bolts mite of been lose, dont think they were ! now im down that far i want to put some hight performace pistons and maybe some andrews n8 cams ! i have a race chip and emc spy had it dynoed with the super trapp plates left out 89bwh but lost power down low. 81bwh with 10 plates in, i bought some cones and put them in the exhorst port and left the plates out so it basicily streight through got some more low down power and sounds great still lost a bit off the top tho , the taco says 22,000ks not shoure weather thats right because it was in an accident! i did a compression test 150psi in front 130 in rear didnt do an oil test thought it would of been a velve so ill proably get new velves! just need some help finding parts ,pistons gasgets ect, are the pistons the same as the s2 ?

ophawk
07-12-2010, 08:38 PM
No they are not the same as the S2 but they should be the same as the '98-newer S3's, different shape in the combustion chamber and piston domes.