PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander

makaley0405
07-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Just looking to get some feedback on a Power commander on a 08 1125r

agfish18
07-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Power commanders are not made for Buells... The best thing you can get would be a tuned Race ECM from ErikBuellRacing.com, or a reprogrammable ECM and the free ECM spy program to tune it yourself.

Red93stang
07-14-2010, 06:56 AM
I have seen posts on other boards about the PCV but, to u have to buy the wide band kit to get the full use on a Buell. The EBR ECM is the cheaper way out.

1125rguy
07-14-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm currently running the PCV and Autotune and love the combo. Got a great price on them too. Simple install and easy system to use. I've been messing around with the ratio's and she seems to be making a good amount of power compared to stock. I also have a HMF pipe and will soon be putting on the servo eliminator. Don't know the prices on others products but I must say that I'm very pleased with the results thus far. As far as the autotune, you don't necessarily have to have it to get full use. There are maps around and I have a few ppl I've been swapping with and adjusting as needed. My benefit is that the autotune sets it all for me based on what I want to run and adjusts it while I'm riding.

03Firebolt9R
07-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Kinda like losing weight while you sleep. [confused]

I say go with the EBR ECM, there is data that supports/proves the gains.

1125rguy
07-15-2010, 10:56 AM
The only problem I have with the EBR ecm is that it is not specifically taylored to each bike, that would be impossible. Yes, it will get you close, but since every bike runs different it still leaves room for gains.

They do sell a programmable unit, but you're looking at $750.00 for it. Power Commander has been around a very long time and has a great rep as well. That's why I went with it. Initially I had the EBR ecm but returned it and picked this up.JMO.

brightbuell
07-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info!

d_adams
07-15-2010, 10:47 PM
What I don't get on the autotune deal is, they only list one wideband sensor for this model, but the front and rear maps are completely different. Also, if it's adjusting only fuel, it's only going to address 1/2 of the problem (where's the spark adjustment?) on the stock ecm, not to mention, does it actually adjust both maps and how does it do it? Are they just global adjustments? Working with only one wideband sensor seems kinda odd.

While the EBR ecm is pre-programmed, it's also a proven race calibration and they do it for various pipes in every condition on the dyno. No, it's not perfect, but neither is a piggyback solution that costs $500 or more.

My personal experience with EBR's race cal is, it's damn good, even though I'm only using their base map, not a custom calibrated one. It's 10x smoother than stock and is putting at least 137 hp to the ground with the pipe I'm running.

1125rguy
07-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I was skeptical about the fact that there is only one sensor used, but my fear went away 2 weeks after i got it and my first dyno sheet was at 141 to the wheel. Most I4's only use one sensor as far as i know because the margin is so minimal there is very little difference and the same goes for the 1125R. On the dyno he checked my maps created by the autotune and they were so close he barely touched it. Took him all of 45 minutes to say there wasn't much more to be done other than run it. Since then I set the autotune up to lean it out a bit more and we checked it on a base run last week and it was putting 144 to the rear wheel so I'm def happy with that.

Don't get me wrong either, I'm not knockin EBR. I've spent a fair share of money between the chain drive conversion and a few others. Love the bike, love the products and can't wait for what's in store in the future. I just wanted to go another route that I was already familiar with.

Red93stang
07-17-2010, 05:11 PM
1125rguy, how is the install, cut and dry easy?

1125rguy
07-17-2010, 05:22 PM
10 minutes for the PVC, 20 for the autotune. Simple plug and play and you're on your way. I'll post up some pics of where I put mine, they come with plenty of cable so mine are right under my seat.

Red93stang
07-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Cool Thanks! I have been kicking the idea around, I just don't know which way to go. I'm sure I would be happy with either.

luvridin
07-27-2010, 01:51 PM
If anyone has a map for the pcv and wouldnt mind sharing it I would love to use it. I have searched forums but cant seem to find any. I did see the ones on Power Commanders site but none are close to what I have in just an fmf slip on. Thanks

1125rguy
07-27-2010, 04:11 PM
I have a hmf exhaust and the autotune has remapped so i can send you one of those if you want but i need an email

kbfnail
05-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Will a power commander work on a 09 SCG?