PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel not straight XB(s 2003 11000

maxime75us
02-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi all,
I have an xb9s 2003 with 11000 miles.
My front wheel is not straight, it is weird,, just not aligned as it should.
I took it to Mancuso Houston, they returned it to me exactly like it was previously but did not forgot to charge $90. Their way to fix it, was to lock the front wheel and pull on the handle bars on the opposite direction... Yeah right, I brought 3 times to them and call Buell Corporation......

The tires are brand new, and as far as I know the front shock absorber are adjusted, but you can help me on this, maybe i did a mistake...
Ok, I will appreciate any help from you guys.
Thanks a lot,
Max

BuellPartsGuy
02-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Are your forks in the triple trees off center? Did you buy it used? Was it ever laid down?

maxime75us
02-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Hi,

the forks are not off center as far as I know, Buell Mancuso had a look on that....
I bought it used yes....

The bike has no sign of being laid down...

Could it be a spring in the forks or ....???

thanks for taking the time, Thanks

BuellPartsGuy
02-09-2008, 01:38 AM
The springs in the forks wouldnt have anything to do with that, if that is what you are saying. What I was trying to get at in the last post but didnt word it very well is the forks can be turned inside the triple trees to cause it to not track straight. Meaning the axle could be at an angle, if bent or who knows... Could also be something as simple as bent handlebars.

slwglide
02-09-2008, 08:32 PM
If the bike wasn't laid down, its possible the bike was abused as a wheelie machine. If you had the bike looked at I would like to think they atleast pulled the front axle. They would have seen a problem right away. Did you ask them if they did? Put string thru the rear axle. Stretch it straight forward and mark the center of the front axle on each side. Then without changing the position of the string thru the rear move it up the forks and measure to different points along the front end all the way up to the handle bars. There should be no difference in your measurments. This may help you pin point were the problem is.

slwglide
02-09-2008, 08:35 PM
By the way be sure you start with the same distance on both sides. It may be hard to get the front end perfectly straight. So maybe someone can give you a hand.