PDA

View Full Version : xb12ss exhausts

mrdozer2you
02-02-2007, 04:27 PM
After looking around on the internet at aftermarket slip on's I've come to the conclusion that there aren't a whole load of options as far as exhausts for my bike. From what i've seen Drummer and Jardine seem to be nice. D&D is another one I found but isn't that a Drummer pipe? As far as most bang for the buck I think Drummer is the way to go. What does everyone think? Any pics or sound clips would be great!!:D

BuellPartsGuy
02-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Check out the exhaust shootout file on www.americansportbike.com on the main page. Does a really great comparison and has sound files and everything.

brickcop
02-03-2007, 02:38 PM
I have a 2007 XB12Ss Lightning long and I recently installed a Drummer (original) exhaust on it. I had the D&D exhaust perviously on my 2003 XB9S and it was very loud. The Drummer is perfect sounding in my opinion and delivers smooth and even power. I installed a K&N air filter and run it with the stock ecm (as recommended by Kevin Drum, owner and fabricater of the Drummer exhausts)and a servo motor emulator ($45)which makes the computer believe that the servo motor is still installed on the bike. This allows all of the extra wires and servo motor to be removed from the bike. Kevin is also hands down the best when it comes to customer service. He will answer all of your questions before you send him your pipe and he shoots your pipe back to you virtually as soon as he receives it. He is great to deal with and knows alot about exhausts. He went thru hundreds of hours of research (dyno time)to come
up with the best pipe for the XB12. The D&D is fine just not as smooth as the Drummer and if you check on the exhaust shootout it requires alot of tweaking to run at optimal performance. You will not go wrong with the Drummer which is about $190 cheaper than the D&D.;)

maybebuell
02-03-2007, 10:30 PM
brick did you feel or see any improvement in performance?

brickcop
02-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I felt (seat of the pants) no dyno that the bike responded better with the drummer exhaust. It really sounds 100% better than the stock pipe and I would say it was well worth $400. You can go to american sportbike website and review the exhaust shootout for exact HP and Torque improvements with the Drummer if you like.[up][up]