PDA

View Full Version : rear brake issue for 1125R

agfish18
07-20-2010, 08:23 AM
So recently I have been having a problem with my rear brake... or so I think. twice in the past two weeks as I am coming to a stop my rear brake locks up and my rear tire starts squealing. I cant tell if it is the brake itself, or if it is the boots that I am wearing. I may just not be able to tell how hard I am pressing on the brakes in the boots, but I am a bit timid now wondering if there is an actual problem with the brakes. Have any of you had this happen with your bikes? Mine is a 2008 1125R with about 11K miles on it. The brakes are getting thin, but still have some wear left on them.

Red93stang
07-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I think the rear brakes suck on the 1125. It may be cause I was used to the rear brake on my firbolt that was moded to a hidden brembo caliper. I think I would have a hard time locking up the rear brake on my 09 1125R. Good luck! Rubber side down!

Jayz
07-20-2010, 06:30 PM
I agree with Red93stang - the rear brakes don't bite and unless I'm standing on the pedal, there's no way of locking my rear up.

agfish18
07-21-2010, 04:53 AM
I cleaned the calipers yesterday... still seemed to squeel when I came to a stop. My pads were worn down a little more than I realized, so have some on order. They were worn down, but still had pad left... it just seemed that the brakes either didnt grab much, but the back wheel locked up at a certain point. kinda strange... oh well... hopefully the new pads will work a little better.

landinr
07-21-2010, 04:57 AM
I use my rear brake as well when I am coming to a stop, I also have the rear tire sliding around a little bit. Its more noticeable when I am on the brake hard so you might be pressing down harder than you think.

agfish18
07-21-2010, 07:43 AM
maybe...it just doesnt seem to slow the bike as much as it used to though...