PDA

View Full Version : 2008 xb12s parts

nodrog
02-12-2008, 08:08 AM
does any body know if there is an aftermarket ecu for the 08 xb12 models, and if the micron full exhaust fits the 2008 xb12s without any issue?

dans03firebolt
02-12-2008, 07:41 PM
No the Micron pipe will not fit the 08 at all. There is no ECU you can either get the Doebeck Techlusion or the REMUS FI Controller that is about it and I don't even know if those will fit the 08. Just call Buell and find out when they will have the race ecm for the 08 models.

LeFox
02-12-2008, 08:47 PM
micron will fit...
problem with the '08 model and existing aftermarket mufflers, is that the headers are not as wide and thus, will not fit. but when changing to a complete system like the micron, you avoid that problem.
force on the other hand, i don't know, since there is a bend at the oilpump.
a few of the newer model exhausts , like remus, fit the newer headers.

manufacturer's go for the remap, over here (euro) the cost for a remap is a just a bit more then the race ecm.
the result you get is well worth the extra $$$ ;)

nodrog
02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
i have been told buy americansportbike, and another place that they cannot guaretee the micron system will fit at the moment, as they havnt pysically fitted one up to an 08 yet, and another australian place said they have had issues with the chin spoiler on the 08 fitting the micron system. if anybody has pics of the micron on an 08 that would be cool.

i am waiting to here back from a local dyno place to see if they can remap the 08 computer as it is different to the 07.

is there a PC3 available for the 08?