PDA

View Full Version : X1 FI to carb conversion successful and LOVE IT!!!!!!

zippitta
07-25-2010, 01:05 AM
On a stock motor with, Mikuni HSR42, twin-tech ignition, force exhaust and a force winder intake, I made 90.2 HP @ 6200 rpm and it carried it all the way to the 6800 RPM redline just because the heads just wouldnt breath anymore. I also made a peak of 83 ft-lbs @ 4200 Rpm. What is nice is it makes over 80 ft-lbs from 3700 rpm all the way to 5200rpm and stays above 70 ft-lbs from 3200 rpm all the way to redline :D Running conditions were 98.9 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity was 34%. The throttle response is on par with any FI crotch rocket I have ever owned and the power curve definitely beats out any of them too :) Before the conversion, I hit the rev limiter often. Since the conversion, I have only hit it twice(due to missing 2nd) because the powerband is so broad that I dont feel the need to take it that high. I already had high hopes for the carb conversion, but it blew my expectations out of the water. After getting the bike back, I rode with a group of 7 guys who all own sport bikes and was pleasantly surprised when they didnt leave me in the dust like expected. In fact, from a dig, I could beat them until about 80 or so and they didnt really walk away from me until about 100. Hands down, I recommend this conversion to anyone with an X1.

Foximus
10-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeap... welcome to having an S1. LoL