PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

texashick
02-14-2008, 04:06 AM
I finally got my 03 XB9R, I had to go get a key made for it as the shippers lost the key.. I got it to start twice the first time it died as soon as it started. The second time I rolled the throttle a little and had to keep it above 1000rpms then I shut it off.. About 2 hours later after I got back to the house, I tried starting it and would crank but would not fire..Pulled both plugs and both were fouled and I tried to start it again.. When it fired I had to keep the throttle up to about 1000 rpms again..But it kept backfiring and as soon as I let got of the throttle it died again.. Battery died after that and could get it to crank...I bought another battery and it is charging to be placed on the bike...I thought maybe that TPS reset but no one in town will touch the bike..Even the Harley dealer said "HELL NO"..So I dont know what to do or if the TPS will do it..Any help is very much appreciated...

BuellPartsGuy
02-14-2008, 04:18 AM
I know it sounds stupid but is there gas and oil in it? It wont start if it doesnt have the proper amount of oil.

texashick
02-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah I checked them both when I finally got a key cut for it...There is a little over a half a tank of gas and the oil is right where it should be...

mrdozer2you
02-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Change the plugs. Where did you buy it from? I'm thinking that if it came from a different location /elevation that maybe the ECM hasn't learned your area and causing the bike to run too rich? Does it die after it has warmed up?

LeFox
02-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Does it die after it has warmed up?
has to run before it can warm up :p;)

texaschick, any news with the new battery?

mrdozer2you
02-14-2008, 08:56 PM
has to run before it can warm up

umm so explain this :p

The second time I rolled the throttle a little and had to keep it above 1000rpms then I shut it off

It would be running for the RPM's to be at 1k. I was asking how long it was running for.

texashick
02-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Well I got it to run today...New Plugs and a new Battery....Ran it up and down the street a few times and noticed oil leaking out ot the front jug where it bolts to the block.. Decided to run it around the block and blew the front wheel bearing just crusing...So now I will see if I tighten the jug bolt maybe it is just loose if not I will be tearing the bike apart...And I am going to a bearing place tomorrow to see if they have some for that front tire...Oh and everytime i try the blinkers, it blows the fuse...So now I have to try and find a short ...I love this Bike....lol....But I would never ride anything but a buell

LeFox
02-15-2008, 09:10 AM
that bike has been messed with...

think the battery solved the non-running bit.
i was already thinking that the bike just stood somewhere to collect dust for quite some time.

would give it a good & complete checkup.

[smirk]

texashick
02-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I fixed that damn bike....pardon my language...I found some bearings, Got a new rear tire, tore the blinkers off (I dont like them anyways).. Then when I hit the horn it would cause the bike to loose power and the engine would almost die...Tail light burned out, replaced it and everything worked fine...An oil change and tightened the jug bolt and stopped the leak...So it passed the state inspection...YaYYYYY.....

slwglide
02-16-2008, 10:48 PM
I would check all the electrical connectors and look for signs of moisture. Then check for a short in your light wiring. Do you own a multimeter?

texashick
02-18-2008, 02:29 PM
I have a multimeter...I just dont know if blinkers are worth me trying to learn electrical...lol ...next pay day Ill spend the money on it to get fixed along with a ride to the HD dealership to get a tps reset..Getting the bike to a place that will do it costs more to get there and back then to actually do it..