PDA

View Full Version : Lighter front pulley your thoughts??

aaronbuell
07-26-2010, 05:56 AM
I was thinking of changing my front pulley to a lighter one. I read that the pros are that it will make the bike rev quicker and take some of the stress of the output shaft. The con is pully life is much shorter than stock. I have a 98 S3 with the stock set up 29 tooth front and 61 tooth rear. Any suggestions on if I should change pulley sizes.

twobuells
07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I think someone now has one that retains the steel shell but replaces the inner part with aluminum. the all aluminum weight is about half the stocker and the one that is half + half is two thirds the weight of the stocker. Buells are geared about perfect unless you plan on going to do any land speed raceing or use it for tight trial rideing or if your engine is produceing more than 120 horse power first gear only lasts about 20 FT.

aaronbuell
07-27-2010, 05:53 AM
I think I might go with a 27 tooth front and drop my top speed. I don't have any need for top speed since I don't have any long straight roads, plus it should make it easier to ride with the four speed Harleys I ride with. When I'm riding with them I always have to dog it to the point it seams like it wants to stall.