txdennis
07-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Anyone got one for sale?

stang65pony
07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
i have seen a few on ebay at an affordable price

rah7777777
07-30-2010, 06:21 PM
there are really only 2 good choices out there....

www.americansportbike.com

OR

www.xblights.com

Both are $250+ but nothing better out there!

jerseymayhem
07-30-2010, 06:33 PM
you can make ur own.......

cut two holes on either side of the brake bulb, and shield them off with some sheetmetal, then run 2 bulbs with the wiring from the TS thru the holes and secure. Inside dont look so pretty when you are done, but it works and its darn near free. Outside you cant even tell. If you are good or even decent with LEDS you can do this and it looks great.

Im always looking for free stuff so i though of this, did it, and was pleased and it works but i ended up going with regular TS again, as the integrated one makes the back end look kinda weird.

upthemaiden
07-30-2010, 08:52 PM
you think your bike looks weird without the turn signals there, or you think it makes the tail light look weird? When yours was set up that way did you think it still left enough area of your brake light lit up for people behind you to see you? I'm always slightly worried about getting rear ended so cutting my tail light/brake light in half made me a little unsure. I'm sure I'll try it eventually. I have an extra set of turn signals I can pull apart and I imagine I can find the silver piece from inside the tail light fairly cheap, but I'll see how it goes. Also not sure if it's gonna get my pulled over or not.

stang65pony
07-30-2010, 09:03 PM
i made my own integrated tail but with the module i need to split the brake light signal its not the cleanest so i dont like it as much. but it was fun to make and didnt cost much. i'll post pics sometime.

upthemaiden
07-31-2010, 06:09 AM
I don't have a problem with the stock turn signals, but I can't figure out any clean ways to mount them with the cheese grater chopped off, otherwise I wouldn't even worry about it. Normally I'd just put tabs on the back of my plate bracket but I think I'm going to try to mount the plate up against the tail. I don't have a whole lot of options with the lack of ground clearance I have with my scg suspension.

everythingwastaken
07-31-2010, 07:49 AM
Rideerdie needs to chime in on this one. He did the same thing that jerseymeyhem did. I was going to post a link to his post on it but after looking at it, hes got pics in posts sporadically so you should be able to do a search on it and find some of his pics...

:D

Riderdie
07-31-2010, 08:40 AM
Yeah, it doesnt look perfect but it is what it is, free! My favorite four letter word.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/Integrated-tail-with-Buell-blinkers

Miami78
07-31-2010, 09:16 AM
This post prompted me to grab my daughter and go out in the garage to shoot a quick video of my tail. My crossroads are off at the powdercoater so I can't ride at the moment...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-dqXdwTxqM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-dqXdwTxqM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

everythingwastaken
07-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Lol, good teamwork!

Miami78
07-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Oh, that is xblights.com option 6...and I had to open the garage to get full daylight on it, otherwise the brake light was too damn bright to video. It's fun to see the red glow on the face of the person in the car behind me...makes me confident I'm fairly visible! The blinkers/brakes are from eBay.

Miami78
07-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah, when I put her on there I realized she is plenty big enough to start riding with me (she's almost 7), I'm shopping for gear for her now! She is itching to ride with me pretty bad, loves to help with anything on the bike!

everythingwastaken
07-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Start 'em off young and start 'em off right! :D

jerseymayhem
07-31-2010, 12:31 PM
riderdie looks just like mine only better!
I had a clear cover and put orange bulbs in mine.

@upthemaiden- I just thought the tail looked weird without the TS sticking out.Its definitely bright enough, i had mine all brake , and almost no TS. I use hand signals alot neways, so iwasnt too worried about the TS brightness. They were good enough at night.