PDA

View Full Version : New EBR ECM and Barker - Got some issues...

Bossanova
07-30-2010, 07:42 PM
So I have had some time to ride my 1125R with the newly installed EBR ECM and Barker. Big difference in performance- I really am pleased. I am up in Georgia (from Miami), so it is stinking hot as hell.

I have noticed that it is running a good bit hotter than when in Miami. My wife even mentioned it. I told her it was because it was 95 degrees here but I honestly think it is running hotter since the ECM change.

The other issue is that it keeps stalling. Almost every time I leave a stop, it falls flat and I have to do a rolling restart. This is definately since the ECM was installed. I did a TPS Reset (I think) but that did not seem to help.

Oh, and now my clutch cover is leaking. Probably because it is so hot. Is this a warranty issue? I did a search but nothing.

Anyone having the same issues and what is the fix?

swb1125r
07-31-2010, 09:46 PM
is it the clutch cover or is it the bleeder on the cover?? what year is your bike?? the 10s have a different cover on them... i had an 08 and my bleeder leaked then put the 10 motor in it and it has the updates and no longer leaks

Bossanova
08-01-2010, 05:44 AM
2009-
Not sure.. It is leaking from the rh side, the round cover - maybe from the small plastic disc with the logo on that round cover. Gets oil on my right boot while riding (not much but some). I would be able to tell you the correct nomenclature for these parts but I am on the road and not near my manuals.

swb1125r
08-06-2010, 02:18 PM
for that slider on the side of the cover.. there shouldn't be any fluid coming out of it.. beings it simply pops on and off and has a o-ring that holds it in.... maybe just pull it off and check to make sure the o-ring isn't cracked or broken... then just put a little oil or grease on the ring and gently slide it back in....

RT Performance
08-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I was the first to get the barker flash .(ebr dynoed my pipe)
Never had a stalling issue push and hold both buttons while turning the key on.
scroll through the cluster and look at the tps should be 1% closed 98-100% open.
If not do the rest procedure again.
it's hot been hot here in my i can't believe how hot my right leg and the fuel tank get.
doubt that is ecm or pipe related

Clutch weep seems to be common issue call your dealer ask them to get parts

Bossanova
08-07-2010, 06:41 PM
The running hot and constant stalling has seemed to of cleared up. I did another tps reset while I was in Atlanta before going on up to Tail of the Dragon. Ran really good up there. RT, yeah it's the clutch slave cyl. leaking out of the small plastic dome. I am back in Miami now and will check with the dealer. I stopped up in Pigeon Forge HD and the mech. there was a Bueller and he told me there was an updated aluminum cyl. that replaces the plastic one that came on some.

RT Performance
08-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I know there has been slot of revision hope the have a permant fix.
Be at the dragon in a few weeks.