PDA

View Full Version : 1125s have same tail light as XB, or are they LEDs?

upthemaiden
07-30-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm looking for a spare tail light housing, the inside gray part you don't see to use as a spare so I can try to integrate my turn signals into my tail light. I see one on ebay currently for an 1125, but I wasn't sure if the 1125s still have the same bulb tail light, or if they were upgraded to LEDs, I know I've seen a lot of LED tail lights but I wasn't sure if they were all aftermarket or not.

Also, if anyone has one of those gray pieces they're looking to get rid of, you can let me know, otherwise that one on ebay ends in about a day and a half and I'll probably just see about grabbing it.

Andrew88M
07-30-2010, 09:16 PM
the xb12r I know is for sure the same rear tail light as the rear tail section is also the same and that comes straight from michael at EBR. I talked with him about the same issue when I bought my led tail light. Have you thought about gettin the LED tail light for the 2010 bikes they made I bought mine from EBR for $42. otherwise I have the one I took off my bike you could prolly have. where you located at?

RT Performance
07-30-2010, 09:42 PM
yes the 1125r cr and xb's all take the same tailinght and housing except the 2010 led's

Andrew88M
07-30-2010, 09:59 PM
the only thing i know is different about the 2010 led's is that the xb one doesn't have the spot for the license plate light so there will be a gap left after install. there is a license plate light that I've seen on here that I think comes on the lightning's from what I read that you can buy to fill the gap it's around $15 and I thought I saw them on asb.

boreas
07-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Just coverted my 2009 cr tail light to a used led 2010 from EBR.The 2009 cr's housing and bulb and plugin are identical to the XB's with the license plate clear lense.

upthemaiden
07-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Have you thought about gettin the LED tail light for the 2010 bikes they made I bought mine from EBR for $42. otherwise I have the one I took off my bike you could prolly have. where you located at?

That would be cool. I live in Pittsburgh(15224), how much would you want for shipping?

I saw the LED lights on EBRs site, that's what actually made me wonder in the first place. An LED light would be nice in general, but I'm planning on putting a set of turn signals I have inside my tail light for integrated turn signals, and that won't work with the LEDs since it'll be a matter of cutting holes and gluing the turn signals in.

Andrew88M
07-31-2010, 09:59 PM
let me check this week to see how much it will cost to get it to you send me address to where it has to go thru a pm and I'll check with ups monday and get you a price for shipping. Do you need the housing or lens as well?

upthemaiden
07-31-2010, 11:29 PM
I think I should just be able to reuse my lense. Which part are you referring to as the housing? The silver piece you can see under the seat? That's the main piece I need.

09CRRED1
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
i have the whole assembly with a smoked lense un plug urs and plug mine in $200?

upthemaiden
08-03-2010, 04:27 AM
I just ended up picking up the piece I need on ebay for about $1.50. I'll see how well it goes this weekend.

upthemaiden
08-05-2010, 06:00 AM
I got the tail light housing in last night and spent some time putting it all together. I had hopes of making it nice and clean, but of course after I drilled the holes for the turn signals they were too wide to get the whole thing back in the hole in the subframe for the tail light so I had to cut the wholes bigger, then I just globbed JB weld over all of it. I also jb welded in some thin sheet metal as light dividers. I have to bend one piece slightly once then jbweld is 100% set, but I at least got to try it out this morning and everything seems to work great. The sheet metal is pretty close to the tail light bulb so my only real concern is that it'll get extremely hot and possibly cause a problem, but I'll see how it goes.

Looks great inside my dark basement, I'll just need to check it out in day light and make sure it's bright enough now that the tail light is only half the width. Thanks to Riderdie for the idea!