PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts braking on tubies

gypsey
08-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Hi fellow tubies, has enyone been having trouble with the new top rubber mount braking. The rubber brakes away from the centre shaft i get about 5000ks before it starts destroying itself im on my third one.. [confused]

thomas_cronan
08-01-2010, 04:07 AM
i havent had any problems out of mine? what bike do you have and model? i know the s3 had a few recalls but not along those lines. is there a company that maybe makes stronger mounts?

ophawk
08-01-2010, 07:59 AM
All I can tell you is I'm near 65,000 miles on my '98 S3 and no issues with my top front mount. I did have my rear isolators come apart, around 25k, but they were replaced under recall, new swing arm and shock too.

I am the third owner, my brother was the second, he picked it up with 6000 on the clock in early 2000, and only put 700 miles on her, he and I haven't replaced it and the maintenance records from the original owner don't show it being replaced. I would check for some other causes, something out of alignment or not adjusted/tightened correctly.

Later

gypsey
08-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi, this bike is a 2002 m2 cyclone,the new mounts r supplied by harley one only lasted 700ks the others r lasting about 5000ks it is a tubie model it has a new motor fitted and the bolts that hold the mount in place lighn up perfectley, im quious if any one has fitted the new rubber mounts and r having the same problem....[confused]

pur pony
08-05-2010, 05:49 AM
i believe, dont quote me on this though, there was a problem with this rubber mount and it was the last project that buell worked on before harley shut them down. I think this new redesigned mount will be out shortly. Poke around badweb in the tuber section and you should find some info. Never had a problem with my X1 but it only has 6K on it.