PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 mile checklist

bitter rod
02-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Went to the dealership yesterday....what a joke. The 10,000 mile maintenance would cost nearly $700. Is this normal?

Also, I inquired about some of the sweet new Buell t-shirts on the Buell website. Lady said they don't stock any Buell swag because no one buys it. Anyone know where I can order the current products show on Buell.com?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

LeFox
02-20-2008, 09:37 AM
you can check what needs to be done to your bike at any maintenance here (http://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/ServiceCheckup.asp)

the dealers don't stock them, but they can order them.

dans03firebolt
02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes the 10k service is a joke as to what they charge but I am sure you don't have the knowledge to take you front forks off and change the seals and change the fork oil. That is most of the time involved in the service. Other than that it is just basic stuff like oils, brakes, cables, tires, etc. Do all the basic stuff yourself and then have them do the forks. It is good to have the forks done and if yuo do wheelies put a heavier fork oil in it and add a little bit more than it says to. Not much I think it calls for 5.7oz's of oil. I would put in 6oz's to stiffen up the front forks.

BuellPartsGuy
02-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Change all engine and transmission oil

Adjust clutch

Change fork oil and seals

Change spark plugs

Inspect and adjust belt tension

Inspect all brakes

Check tire pressure

Reset TPS

Check idle speed

Check throttle cable adjustment

Check overall function of all electrical systems

rtmarsh
02-24-2008, 06:04 AM
My girl got me a sick Buell shirt for my b-day. It says "Buell, own the coners". She bought it right at the dealership, but it does say Antelope valley H-D and Buell on the back.

dans03firebolt
02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
rtmarsh what does you getting a T-shirt have anything to do with the 10k service on a Buell??

BuellPartsGuy
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I forgot about one thing

Check and adjust primary chain tension

onelogue
06-29-2009, 09:57 PM
What's the best lube to use for the clutch, throttle and front brake cables?