PDA

View Full Version : WTB. TRANSLUSCENT PLASTICS FOR THE LIGHTNING

futribe
08-09-2010, 06:45 AM
NEED THE ASH KICK , RED , BLUE OR ORANGE AIRBOK COVER AND SCREEN ...
LET ME KNOW

SAMI

everythingwastaken
08-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Me too!

Riderdie
08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Buell parts at the top of the page.
$71,windscreen
$220-240, tank
Def. pricey but you gotta do what you gotta do to make em look sexy!

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6655_20100808043326_L.jpg

Riderdie
08-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Harley also has them at the same price but I was told it would take more than 3 weeks for their supplier to process the order... bull****!

okey
08-09-2010, 09:21 PM
thats if you can even order them.i was told by local dealer that the cherry bomb was obsolete. Any idea on reproductions or who made these for buell??

welderjosh
08-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I have a blue set but want the opaque black. You wouldn't have that long shot to trade would you?

MuSh
08-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I just ordered cherry bomb, it is definitely still available, it just takes several weeks to get the order in. lshd1 has the best prices i've seen. I actually have two sets of of cherrybomb plastics...anyone want to trade for translucent orange?

agfish18
08-11-2010, 07:49 AM
I have been looking for the hero blue one... was told was obsolete by my dealer, and that the release date for more would be around mid september by another dealer.... I dont know who to trust.

upthemaiden
08-11-2010, 08:27 AM
I cant believe no aftermarket companies have started making these yet. I would think theyd do ok if they staarted putting out some transparent clear, pink, and whatever other colors they could think of, especially if they started making firebolt fairings.

afinley
08-11-2010, 08:37 AM
agfish, I heard the same thing on here, and asked my dealer about it. They said there was no problem with ordering them, they just have a 21 day lead time (like pretty much every Buell part right now.) I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get a Hero Blue windscreen for my R-to-S swap, but they had no problem getting me one.

upthemaiden
08-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Hopefully they don't make the red ones too hard to get. I still have to try to get a red airbox cover, but probably not until winter sometime.

Riderdie
08-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Not wanting to deal with my local HD I've been looking like crazy for a plain black one but nothing! Only available from Harley, Buellparts only sells translucent and white.

Probably going to bite the bullet dish out a couple of hundred bucks and buy the kick ash or hero or cherry here soon just to have something different for the future.

agfish18
08-11-2010, 08:59 AM
just FYI, I have tried to get the kick ash and hero blue from Buellparts.net, and they do not have any in stock and do not know when they will get them in.

the email I got from them when I asked was

"Good morning,

Unfortunately, I do not have any in stock and they are still on backorder with no ETA.

If you have any further questions or concerns, I'd be more than happy to assist. Have a wonderful day, and thank you for considering Buell Parts as your Buell motorcycle parts provider."

I also ordered one from 1125-r.com when it was still up, and waited for 3 months and still nothing. That dealer also assured me he could get it but that there was a 21 day lead time. After 3 months of waiting, he told me that it would be another month and a half (mid to late September) before they thought they would have one in.

I canceled my order as the $200 part that they took the money for was still nowhere in my sights. I have lost faith that there will be any more made at all.

afinley
08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll tell you I was waiting on a different part that was on indefinite backorder for two months, and then one day it went from backorder to shipped. The parts counter said they think the factory is making parts to fulfillment. I want to go back and try and order a Select Seat now and see if they'll make it.

upthemaiden
08-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I think just to make sure they don't end up with any parts they don't want HD is just letting the orders pile in until they reach a certain number, then they get them all made and ship them, then go straight to backorder. It took me a couple weeks to get my right side scoop but nothing unbearable. Just hoping I never have to order any parts I actually need. Something will break someday, and hopefully by that day I'll have a 2nd bike so the xb9 can just be demoted to 'eye candy' until I find the part I need.

MuSh
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
just FYI, I have tried to get the kick ash and hero blue from Buellparts.net, and they do not have any in stock and do not know when they will get them in.

the email I got from them when I asked was

"Good morning,

Unfortunately, I do not have any in stock and they are still on backorder with no ETA.

If you have any further questions or concerns, I'd be more than happy to assist. Have a wonderful day, and thank you for considering Buell Parts as your Buell motorcycle parts provider."

I also ordered one from 1125-r.com when it was still up, and waited for 3 months and still nothing. That dealer also assured me he could get it but that there was a 21 day lead time. After 3 months of waiting, he told me that it would be another month and a half (mid to late September) before they thought they would have one in.

I canceled my order as the $200 part that they took the money for was still nowhere in my sights. I have lost faith that there will be any more made at all.

I got the same email from them when I ordered mine a couple months back. I canceled my order and went straight to lshd1.com and ordered them. They were cheaper, and they kept me updated during the entire waiting process. These are fulfillment based according to them, so that explains the long wait times. HD doesn't want to mass produce and have unsellable stock laying around.

I can't decide if I want to buy translucent orange or try to trade someone my cherry bombs.

ztied
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey Mush if you want to sell the extra red one give me a pm please.Thanks