PDA

View Full Version : Cooling fan woes!

Big Jon
02-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the fan cycle on and off while you are at a steady speed? It seems like once the fan comes on it does not shut off until I turn the key off and it cools down. It's the only thing about the bike I dislike.

BuellPartsGuy
02-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Run synthetic, get a right side air scoop, and cut some louvers into the undertail tray of the bike.

Big Jon
02-26-2008, 09:37 PM
I currently run screaming eagle 20w/50 synthectic oil. Where can I find the right side air scoop you mentioned? I wil look at cutting louvers in the tail. Thanks.

LeFox
02-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Where can I find the right side air scoop you mentioned?
here (http://www.devilstars.be/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388) ;)

xbhooligan434
02-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Run synthetic, get a right side air scoop, and cut some louvers into the undertail tray of the bike.

hey BPG u mentioned cuting louvers into the undertail what do u mean and do u have pics not trying to hijack a thread but would like some info on that and lefox check your mail :p

LeFox
02-27-2008, 09:20 PM
...and lefox check your mail:P
please?!? :D

poyn express on his way! :p:D

and for the fan problem...mapping your ecm with a good af mixture will also help alot

BuellPartsGuy
02-27-2008, 10:57 PM
I dont have pics because my Buell was totaled about a year ago. Just cut small louvers just behind the fans so it doesnt blow hot air up into the tail.

Big Jon
02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the link Lefox but, I can not register as a user on the site. Something about my e-mail address being banned???[confused] I liked what I saw and would like to get one.
I will show my ignorance here but explain what you mean by mapping the ecm with a good af mixture[confused]. My xb is still box stock.
BPG I would also like to see pics of the louvers if you have them.

BuellPartsGuy
02-28-2008, 12:08 AM
I dont have pics because my Buell was totaled about a year ago.

xbhooligan434
02-28-2008, 07:56 AM
sorry to hear about that BPG
and thank you lefox haha
o yeah sorry please check your mail:D

LeFox
02-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the link Lefox but, I can not register as a user on the site. Something about my e-mail address being banned??? I liked what I saw and would like to get one.
wtf??? you're the second one that can't register [confused]

gimme your email and i'll contact you...

LeFox
02-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I will show my ignorance here but explain what you mean by mapping the ecm with a good af mixture
that's where they hook up your ecm to a computer and adjust your air2fuel mixture.
from factory, the buell's already tend to run a bit on the lean side (especially the back cylinder). by adjusting that => giving it more fuel makes your engine run better & cooler.
the result is that the fan will work when it should...

Big Jon
02-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the explaination on the ecm, I will have the dealer look at it next time it is in the shop. Contact me @ jcookfam@bellsouth.net :D

LeFox
02-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Contact me @ jcookfam@bellsouth.net
you got mail! ;)

Big Jon
03-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Buell has come out with a part to help deflect the fan air! Part# M2138.1AK This originally for the XB12X Uly, but it does fit the XB12Ss Long. The frame and tail section are identical. Simple to install and look pretty good.