PDA

View Full Version : Bar end sliders with CRG mirror mounts???

Streetmachine
08-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Rhino makes them but they say not for the high bar cr. Anyone know differnt?

03Firebolt9R
08-09-2010, 04:12 PM
As long as they are a 7/8" bar you should be ok, which I think the high bar kit is. I have the clubman bars with CRG mirrors and mounts and they work great.

I really like the Rhino ones you found though, I may have to get those, they look great.

Rhino bar end mirror mounts
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3092_20100809101447_L.jpg

My regular bar end mirror mounts for reference
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3092_20100706082050_L.jpg

delta one
08-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I have the rhino sliders, they are very well made but I cant get a solid mount on my Cr clubmans with them.

its not the fault of rhino, its mine. I dropped the ball on getting measurements to him. he was (and probably still is) very willing to re-do the work to make it all fit right or a full refund and Ill probably just send him my bars over the winter for a perfect fit.

if you get him the measurements and get a popper fit before me PLEASE let me know so I can get mine swapped out for a good fit too

03Firebolt9R
08-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Delta, did the normal 7/8" adapter not work well? Mine are not rock solid but are pretty good and they are just some cheapo adapters that I had laying around instead of spending more when I got the CRG's.

delta one
08-09-2010, 10:41 PM
because of the two inner diameter the standard fit ok but were only contacting the bar deep inside and it took very little leverage to bump them off center. adjusting the mirror was enough to lever it off kilter.

he uses a large piece of plastic that expands with the bolt inside of it, the large piece is nomaly very welcome because it provides a greater amount of friction surface but in this case it made it fit only in the narrow part of the bar and the wider part at the end was left empty for the bar end to wiggle around inside.

he made a set based off my apparently poor measurements and they were close but not perfect, his next set for me will be long and have two diameters one for the narrow section and a wider one for the bit at the end of the bar.

03Firebolt9R
08-10-2010, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the explanation. If I get the Rhinos I will know what to do now.