PDA

View Full Version : 08 xb12r race kit questions...

Stylie420
02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm wanting a buell race exhaust and wondering if it'll fit '08's. Also do I have to get an ecm at the same time? Cause I asked an aftermarket guy at the HD dealership when the new ecm was coming out, he told me not to get one made by HD cause they have a lot of problems. Is this true?

BuellPartsGuy
02-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Yes the pipe will fit on an '08, but the Race ECM's will not fit. They dont make one for an '08 yet. Race mufflers are hard to find and get yours hands on. If you run any muffler at all, you should be running some sort of tuner or new ECM. If you dont, it could get dangerously lean. I have never heard of anybody having problems with Race ECM's. I dont know where the hell he got that.

Stylie420
02-26-2008, 07:28 AM
yeah I thought he was full of ****, he was saying that since it learns your riding habits, when you change your riding style it makes the bike choke up and not perform properly. since the new ecm isn't out what tuner is recommended? I got the muffler as well, but the right tip hits my pulley. Should I just slap some spacers between the mount?

LeFox
02-26-2008, 12:20 PM
since the new ecm isn't out what tuner is recommended?
a race ecm on the '08 is not an option => not made and never will, i think.
if you want your ecm tuned you need to map it, as the prices are now, it doesn't make that much difference money-wise but it does performance-wise.

I got the muffler as well, but the right tip hits my pulley
[confused]
what muffler do you have??? if fitted correctly, it should look like this:

http://www.harley-davidson-gent.be/XB12SRED%2005%20002.jpg

buell007
02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
they made two types of the muffler according to seattle H.D I put spacers under the rear mount. between the muffler and the bracket. by the way how was the drive back to oregon[cool]

Stylie420
02-26-2008, 07:03 PM
yeah even with the spacers I have, it hits. And what two mufflers, how different are they? The drive wasn't bad, had to deal with dumbasses on the road. Thanks for the input guys. Ride safe.

cruzin2
02-29-2008, 05:00 AM
FYI, called the racing hotline looking for a race ecm, not the full blown programable one but the one ordered from HD dealers. Asked several questions and after getting to the right person, they (buell engineering) claimed that they know people are waiting for it and it's on their list of things to do for 2008. No difinitive timeline but I'm hoping they get to it soon. Hope this helps. [sad]

BuellPartsGuy
02-29-2008, 05:14 AM
I wouldn't plan on seeing a Race ECM for the 2008's before at least July of this year.