PDA

View Full Version : died at startingline

mikester
08-13-2010, 07:11 PM
just got back from drags.bike died at starting line.bike just wouldnt stat agian, until i let it cool down. it seems when i do alot of runs in warm weather the bike will stal and dies.but it usally restarts with a few tries. but not tonight.what is the cause of this f------ problem i have jardine
rt5 and k@n air filter. [confused][mad][down]

RT Performance
08-14-2010, 12:50 AM
plugs fowling?
lean mixture making it over heat?
have you remapped the computer?

redrider
08-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Vapor lock from all the heat ? what mods and what times are you turning . check your gas tank vent hose also.

aptbldr
08-14-2010, 10:15 AM
When my XB is hot, I can roll open the throttle fast & kill engine.
Behavior exactly mimics carb'd big single I rode long ago...

Why yours didn't restart... maybe it fouled plugs? The no re-start was in the heat of competition ... ;)

dave_xb12r
08-14-2010, 10:57 AM
My guess is it's because your running dangerously lean. [mad][down]

BuellRider3158
08-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah the jardine creates less back pressure and causes the bike to run lean, and so you overheat more easily.

Phazernut
08-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah the jardine creates less back pressure and causes the bike to run lean, and so you overheat more easily.

Add the extra air from the K&N and you are running super lean. I assume you have not remapped the ECM.

tuneport67ss
08-14-2010, 07:38 PM
When you say wouldnt start back, do you mean it would spin over and just not hit or would it not even spin over? If it would spin, it is most likely a vapor lock issue. Try running with a full tank of fuel next time. This will help prevent the vapor lock to an extentent. If it wouldnt spin over at all, I guessing you are running lean, killed it, and the starter was too hot to crank. This can be caused by simple heat or a combination of heat and a low battery. Hope this helps a little.