PDA

View Full Version : 1125CR warranty repairs

RideEcono
08-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Purchased bike in march.
Mile1 - Bike will not start after being dropped off by the dealer. Adjusted throttle cables to get it going.Headlight blown. Replaced it.

Mile 4200 - battery stops charging. Left stranded miles from home. Towed it to dealer. So far they have replaced the fuel pump, battery, and are waiting for a stator to come in to replace that.

When I bought the biked I noticed a lot off bikes were being sold as demos. They had about 2300 miles on them and only a couple of months remaining on the warranty. I wonder how many people bought these bikes and are getting stuck with repairs that are costing them money because their warranty has run out.

IRULE
08-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I hate to say it...that is why extended warranty exist in this world for people to purchase. Just like insurance, they're there when you need it.

theoctopus
08-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I hate to say it...but this is super common among the 1125 models.

Glad I purchased an XB every time I read one of these threads.

AussieBuellRida
08-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Make sure ya keep a check on the clutch fluid level. Rode mine out one day only to find when I returned to my bike that it had no clutch lever pressure. Apparently... when I spoke to the Buell mechanics... they said its a common problem with these models. ahhh nothing like peice of mind when ya get on a brand new motorcycle. But I she's written off now, so I dont care...booohooo...[mad]:(

Red93stang
08-18-2010, 05:09 AM
theocto, I hate to tell u this but I was left stranded on my xb more than I have on my 1125. They all have problems no matter what they are. 1125 has never left me stranded yet, 4000 miles of hard riding!

Livers
08-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Extended warranty doesn't buy you much if you can't get parts. A buddy is 6th in line at the local dealer for an 1125 stator. It failed after the harness 'upgrade'.

RideEcono
08-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I am waiting on a stator also. Dealer says it isn't back ordered, just waiting to be packed and shipped. I think that is a fancy way of saying 'SOL'. Already suffering rider withdrawals.

IRULE
08-18-2010, 07:28 PM
That is why everyone should have at least two bikes. You dig?

Ajturbo
08-23-2010, 11:32 PM
i have 15,00km and only have had to replace the front and rear tyres... ( the rear twice, and the front once)
has not missed a beat ....

my Xb has had the gears up-graded and it is fine also after nearly 40,000 miles of abuse....

RideEcono
08-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Got the bike back today. I have to give a big shout out to Conrad's in Joliet, IL. They were very easy to work with and the mechanic that worked on my bike seemed very interested in getting the bike running right.

After all is said and done, they replaced the following:
Fuel Pump Assembly
Snap Ring
30 Amp Fuse
Battery
15 Amp Fuse
Gasket (stator)
Stator Assembly

I was surprised the stator came in as soon as it did. Just a few days after they found the original one had died. While at the service counter I noticed a sign that stated the service department was not responsible for the lead time necessary to receive parts once ordered. It appears that HD in general is struggling with getting parts shipped in a timely manner.