PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, Just got my firebolt!

FerrariTruck
03-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Well guys I've had my 04' firebolt 12 for about a week now...I'll be honest when i first got it I have to say I felt very dissapointed...I came from riding an 05' R6 for about a year. I've read up a lil and it seems that its normal to feel that initial dissapointment esp when coming from the japanese bikes. But, With every day that goes by I get more and more comfortable with it. Its crazy how it seemed like my R6 would just do most of the work for me. this bike makes me feel like I just started rding. Well I'm getting more comfortable throwing thi thing around and esp getting my shifting to work with this new powerband. However there are some things I dont think i will get used to. It seems like the clutch is kind if hard to pull in and tires my wrist fast..Is there any kind of aftermarket levers you guys recommend. Also the shifter seems kind of hard to move around. Is there aftermarket hifter available that gives you more leverage for easier shifts? I live mins away from angeles Crest in SO CAL. Hope to meet ya in the canyons

FerrariTruck
03-01-2008, 03:30 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/daminature/mybuell2.jpg

BuellPartsGuy
03-01-2008, 04:07 AM
E-Z Pull Clutch (http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/16077.html)

Proper adjustment of the shifter can make a world of difference. Play around with the length of the linkage to try and find the sweet spot for the size of your feet and your riding position.

LeFox
03-01-2008, 12:43 PM
congratz & have fun with the bike ;)[up]

xbhooligan434
03-01-2008, 09:12 PM
wow beautiful truck and bike i have the exact bike color and all

PAIRTBOW
03-04-2008, 07:53 PM
haha dude you are on a buell it doesnt get any easier to clutch or shift it will always be a fight ;)

EVLTWN
03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
How's the clutch pedal in that SRT? not trying to be mean just kinda the same concept of a heavy clutch with a torquey motor.

BuellPartsGuy
03-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Why would it be a fight to shift? You dont change the clutch spring at all. It just changes the ramp that the cable actuates the clutch on. Its all a matter of leverage.

typeone
03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
+1 BPG.

i never complained about the clutch pull on my 12S but after installing a Free Spirits 'soft clutch' (similar to the Muller), CRG shorties and proper adjustments... clutch is just as easy as my CBR.