PDA

View Full Version : POWER COMMANDER

sumguitardude
08-21-2010, 01:37 PM
I am thinking about buying a power commander for my 1125cr. what do you guys think? and do i have to do anything special after i install it or is it just a plug n play?

09CRRED1
08-22-2010, 01:45 AM
just get a ecm from ebracing.com you just pull off your ecm and plug one in. i actually have a used 1 off of my 1125cr if ur interested

popeye13433
08-22-2010, 05:58 AM
how much you want for that? and what exhaust do you have it tuned with?

sumguitardude
08-22-2010, 11:19 AM
yea I think im gonna go with the ecm for the fmf slip on .
what does the ecm actually do?
and does it add hp/torque? whats the difference with the ebr ecm

luvridin
08-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I had both I sent the EBR ECM back. My idle would hold high making my engine braking not as good and while my top end power may have gained a bit I lost some low end and I love the torque. For example I pull my front end up in second gear no clutching and with the EBR ECM I couldnt. I went with a power commander and I still have my low end and the pop on decel is gone and my idle doesnt hang up like the EBR ecm did. EBR did stand behind their product and gave me a full refund. Not sure how that plays out with the power commander.

sumguitardude
08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
damn yea i love that torque.
i might try the ecm n see what happens.
i hear it makes riding a lot better at low rpms is that true?

luvridin
08-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes the EBR ecm will make low end smoother. I think the Power Commander also makes it smoother but maybe not as much as EBR ecm. I also thought my bike ran cooler with the EBR ecm. EBR is cheaper and most seem really happy I would probly go that route first (I did). At least if your not satisified you can send it back.

09CRRED1
08-25-2010, 03:26 AM
yea i loved mine and it wasnt tuned for a certain pipe but when you get a ebr one there is something you have to do with the throttle to reset something to get rid of what luvrider was talking about i would pull the wheel off the ground alot more after my mechanic told me about it. i only had it in the bike for a few months. Id like to get 200 out of it if i could.

jaytea
08-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I am very pleased with EBR ECM. It does have a couple of problems or at least they are niggles to me.
The EBR does not have to meet exhaust emissions, so it will meter fuel for power not to get through emissions, and the engine will run better.

There is a little valve that bypasses the throttles allowing air to flow into the engine. With the standard ECM this valve opens a little when the bike is in gear and the clutch out, increasing the revs at zero throttle by around 4/5 hundred rpms. (Try putting the bike in gear and then letting out the clutch on a track stand).The EBR ECM opens this valve more increasing the rpms by around 1000rpm. The effect is that when you close the throttle you do not get the full engine breaking, it is like you still have the throttle open a little, and the bike does like to run on at 2500rpm. This assists the slipper clutch in preventing the back wheel from locking up under hard down changes. Personally I have been riding big sports vee tweens for many years and have not had any of those problem as I know the effect of closing the throttles of big vee twins at high rpms, but I suppose it must be safer if they are doing this for race bikes (I would have thought racers would have known what they are doing - unlike some of the middle aged born again bikers you come across) Before you old guys start shouting I’ll be sixty next year.
The upside is you lose the fuel surge at low rpms and can drive the bike down to 2500rpm without the shakes and shudders, making the bike much nicer to drive.

The annoying cold warning light disappears with the EBR ECM along with the engine cut-out, should you pull away with the stand down.

My bike has an annoying habit of stalling when cold just at the most inconvenient time. It only happens once when you first pull away and soon learn to be a bit careful when first driving off. Over all? a great improvement. I also have a FMF Apex exhaust…… very very loud.

luvridin
08-28-2010, 11:34 AM
You want engine breaking, if you think you dont pull in your clutch and go through a turn, let me know how the bike handled. As far as it being safer and them using it on race bikes heres a line frome an article about moto gp bikes Motorcyclist tested... "I'll bet Rossi tells Yamaha to bin it in favor of a Honda-type system with more engine braking -- where the rider knows he's in charge." Looks like racers want engine breaking.

luvridin
08-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Oops just noticed I said breaking. No you dont want your engine breaking but braking