PDA

View Full Version : Stand recommendations

EVLTWN
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
What does everyone recommend for a rear swingarm stand for my '05 Firebolt? I do not have spools at this time and would prefer a stand with flat swingarm pads with the option to go to a spool setup later if possible. Also looking at a front triple tree type stand. Is there any one in particular thats better than others? Thanks everyone.

njsxb9
03-04-2008, 11:03 PM
How much you looking to spend? You can always go Pitbull but you going to pay. BikeIt & MotoGp sell great stand sets that won't make the wallet but they are budget stands compared to Harris and Pitbull. I sell them and use them and have never had a problem with them.

EVLTWN
03-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Do those ones have the flat pads or the round ones? I'd prefer the flats just because it seems like it'd be much more stable.

njsxb9
03-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Flat paddock pads so you can use them on any bike

typeone
03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Pitbull if you want to invest in a great stand, Lockhart Phillips universal if you dont want to empty the wallet. I've had a LP for the past ~7 years and its getting tired.

EVLTWN
03-09-2008, 03:38 AM
So i ended up picking up a Vortex stand. I'll let you all know how I like it once i try it out.

EVLTWN
03-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Well i tried it out today and i'm happy with it. Its a tight fit to the swingarm so i had to tug on it just a hair to fit but it went up easier than i expected. It was my first time using one and it was pretty straight forward. Pretty stable too however i did not start the bike so i can't say for how it'll do with the vibrations of the engine running.

JWolk217
03-12-2008, 04:11 AM
I've had a set of T-Rex Racing (http://www.t-rex-racing.com/) stands for a while, and they've done the job. They aren't the best quality, but I can't see spending $150 for ONE pitbull stand. I bought them off Ebay.

http://t-rex-racing.com/imgs/large/pro_red_fro_rea_ill.jpg

warhorse
03-12-2008, 01:08 PM
hay JW that is a nice price for 'em stands. as long as they dont change the price.:D

paul_bfree
04-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I bought a set from Pit-Posse - the rears are reversible (flats or spool lift) - the flats only just get wide enough for the Buell swing-arm. I use the fork lift up front. The fork-pins won't work as the forks are two different lengths and lift the bike awkwardly.
For bolt together, the quality is very good. I will add some simple spot welds to make them more firm.

freak2180
04-28-2012, 04:39 PM
just outta curiosity..... did ya try the search feature? or even google? This topic pops up at least every other week and ends up with multiple pages of the same pople saying the same thing. Like I said ........ Just curious.

Craigslist is a good place to look for inexpensive stands too.

GOduc
04-28-2012, 05:11 PM
I recommend the kind that don't let the bike fall over[up]