Boone701
08-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey guys and gals
New guy here needs some advice
I have a 07 XB12R
All my mods are now done
Have ECMspy all hooked up and working

Now i have a couple questions
Can I datalog with the stock narrow-band sensor?
If not- where do i get a wide band sensor (part number)??
If i buy the wide band- can i leave it in after tuning and use it for everyday riding- or would i have to put the narrow back in?
Thanks in advance
you guys are awesome!

theoctopus
08-26-2010, 06:48 PM
You can datalog with the stock NB. It will take you a long time to dial everything in.

You can buy a wideband sensor from any variety of sources. You will need a wideband controller as well, however. The system most commonly used by Buell riders is the LC-1, which frequently comes with a WB O2 sensor.

The beauty of the LC-1 is that you can set it to emulate a NB signal, so that when you're done tuning, you can turn correction back on and set the LC-1 to pretend it's a NB signal. Or you can put the NB back in and sell the WB to offset costs.

wiznut
08-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Do you know if there is some kind of writeup somewhere for setting up the whole wideband system for tuning theoctopus?

theoctopus
08-26-2010, 08:44 PM
There is not, though I'm working on a couple writeups, and I'm also offering a tuning webinar.

The writeups are coming along slowly, due to the craziness of moving between states.

Stevenc150
08-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Don't know of a write-up either but here's a good discussion on them: Wide-Band 02 Tuning (http://www.buelletinboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7744&highlight=wideband+sensor)

Boone701
08-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys,
sure is nice to have a decent forum, where guys are willing to help out,instead of bashing ya!