PDA

View Full Version : rewire a headlight

sinpieces
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi,

i would like to know how to rewire a headlight of an xb 12s. I want both lights to "shine", no matter if using low or high beam (half and full light). I guess i need a wire diagram + some relays (european model). Anyone who can help me out?

Thanks!

dans03firebolt
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Just turn on your high beam switch and you are all set. You will really piss people off if you do that though. The high beam is so bright compared to the low beam. Let alone when riding with friends it will make it hard for them to ride if you are behind them with such bright headlights.

bleblanc03
03-07-2008, 11:16 PM
sinpieces, if you figure out how to have two dual-voltage lamps, please let me know. I really dream of both my lamps being on as low beams or high - bugeyes, you know?

LeFox
03-08-2008, 08:00 AM
sinpieces, if you figure out how to have two dual-voltage lamps, please let me know. I really dream of both my lamps being on as low beams or high - bugeyes, you know?
that's easily done, but you need another mirror to enable your highbeam to shine as low [smirk]

sinpieces
03-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Eahh[confused]... i look for this answer untill i find it. Though, i have some trouble. I have matched my rear light, dual lights (SOC Shark Nose) as the headlight. They are with white glass as my new position lights Kellerman Rhombus. These position lights are way better than the micro. I just need the headlight to shine the same. The new tail is a real killer talking looks. All tips with correct relays and rewire diagram is heavily appreciated.

Mail me if you have the information.
"relays and diagrams" is what i need!!

Thanks
R
sinpieces@hotmail.com

LeFox
03-08-2008, 04:23 PM
i really don't understand what relays you would fit in order to get the lowbeam to shine in both lichts [confused]

just connect the wire for highbeam to the correct connector on both bubls and highbeam, same thing and you're done.
but you do need another mirror in the highbeam light, since you'll be blinding people and that mmight lead into an argument or worse.

your highbeam will also work on both lights, but it would just result in brighter lowbeam, because of the mirror.

another option is remove the standard lights and fit customs like: click (http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/prods/103.html)

http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/prods/images/103_2.jpg

HOVERJOCKI
04-24-2008, 02:28 AM
I just did mine.... there is a page somewhere and i am sorry but i can't remember what forum i saw it on but... it said you could swap out the yellow wire with the orange/white wire,,, this will allow both lights on when you hit the high beam switch..... i ended up cutting the wires from the original plug and re-wire it...i have no clue about this stuff and it worried me when i was doing it but it worked.
Black is ground, white is high beam so swap over the yellow and orange/white wires and it will work.

sinpieces
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Both lights on high beam.. i wonder, the lights do not shine same same so to speak. How does that look really?
I wonder if this is legal, probably not. Anyway this should mean that you run high beam all the time now.
Or?[confused]

LeFox
04-24-2008, 11:32 AM
sin, for us euro's this would be an invite for cops [smirk]

sinpieces
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Hehe... yupp... guess you are correct about that.
I rather void that light-upgrade. Cops are too eager around here anyway...
Thanks for ideas and inputs anyway....

twistedengineering
04-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I get crap for having an HID in the low beam spot. Having both lit up would definitely create attraction from the Law.