PDA

View Full Version : 1125CR (and R) Peeves

CBi
09-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Aside from the usual opinions about the pods...

Does anyone else think the rear wheel pulley/sprocket looks too big? Gearing aside, I have to say the large size of the 1125 rear wheel pulley/sprocket really irks me. Like to the point that if I bought one, I'd have to do a chain conversion on it.

The size of it reminds me of a mini-bike sprocket.

Cronce1125R
09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
engine noise is a big concern to most owners, i kinda like it, a better warning on the gas light would be swell too. other than that i am completely in love with my bike.
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/7733_20100819151554_L.jpg

theoctopus
09-01-2010, 09:06 PM
We need to get you to be completely in love with your gear, first.

delta one
09-01-2010, 09:38 PM
yea learn from me on the gear bro'

My Crash (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/General-Motorcycle-Chat/Delta-One-Crashes-)

but an XB has a big rear pulley too

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HKanKlLcYkQ/TCDglTQn_TI/AAAAAAAAAos/RlHukunrdgA/s640/DSC_9846.JPG

still sexy as hell

Macbuell
09-01-2010, 10:41 PM
before we all start bashing his lack of gear, maybe we should think of the circumstances. Maybe he was going 5 miles an hour, in a parking lot with 0 moving cars. In that case, I give him props on even wearing a helmet.

Cronce1125R
09-01-2010, 11:26 PM
i was two miles... i do wear gear lol local bar had a bike night.

09CRRED1
09-02-2010, 06:05 AM
i didnt wear any gear when i wrecked mine im not saying if i did it again i wouldnt have had a nice pair of armor gloves but other wise i was fine i did have a helmet but either way it didnt help me. i like to enjoy riding my bikes and when its 100 outside im going to be comfortable. but if i know im going to be stupid on that ride i will buckle up. and i know this is very debateable but just let ppl live there lives the way there gona

Cronce1125R
09-02-2010, 08:00 PM
[up]

triple7
09-02-2010, 10:16 PM
I love my 08 r because its so unique and they dont make them any more. Its a very cool bike. but that being said, compared to a japanese crotch rocket, it is FULL of bugs. I have had to fix leaks, and a crap load of electrical recalls and the like on it.

lexhere27
09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Sorry off topic, what suspension is that on the lightning, red spring? 1125?

delta one
09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Sorry off topic, what suspension is that on the lightning, red spring?

buell race spring set
forks and rear shock :D

Snosnake65
09-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't have an 1125 but demo'd a 1125CR and was very pleased with everything but the tranny, it made an aweful lot of noise. For a bike with less than 900 miles I would think the tranny would be a little quieter.[confused]

boreas
09-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Snosnake65- i think you are talking about when the bike is under 3500rpm ,yes it clunks and the engine surges but once you have been riding it for a while,it makes you keep it in the lower gear above 3500 rpm ,this also can be cleaned up a bit with a exhaust and a map ( I had an xb before I got the 1125 and that's the first thing I noticed )None of this matters once you grab a hand full of throttle-just hold the f&*#k on!!

03Firebolt9R
09-04-2010, 10:19 AM
I noticed the clutch was weeping on my CR during a ride this morning. Called the stealer and they ordered the parts. Kinda sucks, but what can you do.

Snosnake...Boreas is right about the tranny. It is actually quite smooth when you ride it like it is supposed to be ridden, above 5k. But when putting around it does clunk and make all kinds of noises.

FlyingDuc
09-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I took my 1125CR today to the shop because the very first time I rode it, I heard this grating, rattling sounds when I took off from a start. Thought loose engine parts were rattling inside the motor. The dealer looked at it today and told me it was the tranny making noise. WTF?

The chassis can sometimes be a little squirrely, but overall I love the bike. Love it so much, I'm picking up an extended warranty tomorrow. ;)

delta one
09-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I'll advise against the warranty if it is through HD

many have been screwed with the warranty (not fixing the bike, only replacing parts once despite second failures etc.)
instead invest in some tools and wrench it yourself (if you have the space to do it)
or find a reputable shop that can do it for you, unless you have a LOT of trust in your local HD stealership.

Maskido
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Nothing better than riding in a t-shirt on a super hot day (helmet & gloves on of course.) Yeah I know during a crash I'd be screwed, but it would also be much safer not riding at all. So to all the SAFETY CRUSADERS out there, BEAT IT! Take care of yourselves and let everyone else fend for themselves.

Personally the "pods" grew on me & now I think they look wicked! The mirrors were a joke; GONE! Stock exhaust sucked; REPLACED! The lack of fuel gauge SUCKS! The extreme heat form the bike is a lil annoying, but even with all that , the bike ROCKS! Have only seen one other one around, which is pretty cool to ride something so unique.
L8tr!

JohnnyS999
09-30-2010, 01:05 PM
You no gear squids are rolling the dice and its gotten to the point where when we hear about someone getting grinded to the bone or broken knees and elbows we laugh. Sorry, its just called payback and "I told you so". If its that hot I don't ride or at the very least I will wear a mesh textile jacket with perfed leather pants. I could care less if someone wants to ride around looking stupid, its their life. But in reality if most if not all injuries in a crash could have been prevented by wearing gear, I would vote a percentage against the rider if I were sitting in a jury box.

freak2180
09-30-2010, 01:26 PM
AND THE SAFTEY CRUSADE CONTINUES.............lol. If someone makes the choice to ride without some of if not all their gear then let them worry about it. Im sure they have heard about it more than once......I know I have, I make it a point to at a minimum ...to wear my gloves, helmet, and good shoes with some ankle protection. If Im going just a short distance...under 10 miles and no highways are involved I have been known to wear shorts and a shirt. If any highways are involved its full gear no matter how hot it is. Im not a pro at corner carving and dont pretend to be so full leathers are just crazy and I feel confedent in my abilitys to ride and be aware of whats around me....so I ride dressed how I want.

Wow where did that soapbox come from and how in the hell did I get on it....well Im stepping down now......NEXT......:D

03Firebolt9R
09-30-2010, 03:54 PM
wasn't this a thread about pet peeves for the 1125s?

freak2180
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes it is.....:D The only peeve I have is I dont own one.

Red93stang
09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I have a peeve. It called a three phase stator! Been in the shop for two weeks and doubt se it anytime in the near future.[mad]

03Firebolt9R
09-30-2010, 06:28 PM
My clutch is weeping and the parts have been on order for over a month.

Cronce1125R
09-30-2010, 09:55 PM
my new exhaust can't get here fast enough...