PDA

View Full Version : New Ulysses and Lightning Long Leads Buell Line for 2006

buellxb
10-16-2006, 09:55 PM
New Transmission and Stiffer Swing-arm for All XB Models

EAST TROY, Wis., July 23 -- Buell Motorcycle Company will extend the reach of its product line in 2006 with the introduction of two new models, the Ulysses XB12X Adventure Sport-bike and the Lightning Long XB12Ss, a longer version of the original Lightning XB12S that maximizes comfort. In addition, all 2006 Buell Lightning and Firebolt models are enhanced with a new swing-arm design, a new transmission and a redesigned intake system. The 2006 Buell product line features eight models: the Firebolt XB9R and Firebolt XB12R sport fighters; the Lightning family of street fighters, including the Lightning CityX XB9SX, Lightning XB12S, Lightning XB12Scg and the new Lightning Long XB12Ss; the new Ulysses XB12X adventure sport bike and the versatile Buell Blast. "I'm really excited about the 2006 Buell line, because we are taking our proven XB platform in some bold, new directions, creating motorcycles that will appeal to more riders," said Erik Buell, chairman and chief technical officer at Buell Motorcycle Company. "We also significantly improve our existing models. Call it evolution. At Buell, we will never stand still." Buell Gets Dirty and Goes Long.

paperclip
10-29-2006, 01:23 AM
These are great news! I love me a buell, and well, I have to say Erik is taking these beasts in the right direction.

BuellPartsGuy
11-02-2006, 03:08 AM
I smell a new model or a new redesign in the next few years. They have to change to able to keep up with the Jap bike market...