PDA

View Full Version : Tank Cover

strmvt
03-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Was looking at Speed-of-color.de and came across this.

http://www.speed-of-color.de/index.php?cat=GFKPARTSXB&product=XBGFK-012

Will it fit my 07 12R? I think it will but I can't read german or what ever the language is. If so I wanna see about getting one but I think I read a post by Lefox that said they don't ship to USA.

EVLTWN
03-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Looks like it would fit to me. but I can't read German either so I can't say for certain

strmvt
03-09-2008, 04:59 AM
hehe me either I don't see a problem with fitment more with being able to get it in the USA

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/290431/342190.gif

buell007
03-09-2008, 06:48 AM
now that is a nice buell shirt[cool][up][up]

LeFox
03-09-2008, 08:39 AM
will fit, no problem
i won't do any good if you don't have an open airbox, though ;)

i don't know if they don't ship to u.s. since i haven't asked them...
according to this thread (shark-nose tail (http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sale/Buell-Parts-for-Sale/Buell-Aftermarket-Parts/Getting-SOC-Heckeinsatz-LED-shark-nose)): litmuswire said they don't, but JWolk217 said he could order no problem.

strmvt
03-09-2008, 08:41 AM
guess I'l give em a shot. need to get a line on a currency converter tho so I can tell how much it is.

<edit> lol googled currency converter heh that was easy enough but damn 269 eur = 415 us holy chit thats alot

LeFox
03-09-2008, 08:48 AM
yeah...the dollar isn't doing that good at the moment [smirk]

strmvt
03-09-2008, 08:59 AM
kinda scared to try and e-mail them lol they might not be able to understand enlish tho I'm sure someone there can read/translate it but gonna give it a shot and e-mail them now and see if they deliver to the USA

<edit> well email is sent we'll see what they say will have to save up for that as I've already burnt thru one credit card getting stuff for my bolt as it is lol

strmvt
03-09-2008, 10:12 PM
well I e-mailed Spee-of-color.de and they responded. I quote their response below.

"hello, yes is no problem. this article we can send in the USA.you can order in our online-shop. thanksJens SOC (we canĀ“t send the SOC-article to USA)"

by looking at their website when he said SOC stuff I'm assuming he means their swag. Still I'm gonna have to wait a few months b/c 269euros = 415us so... I've already orderd 1k in stuff for my bolt as it is. Besides I'd like to have the ASB airbox delete kit on when I order that cover anyway. So there ya have it USA Buellers you can order items from SoC but not their Swag from the wat I read their response.

LeFox
03-10-2008, 08:25 AM
soc article is the shark-tail with the double lichts

SOC Heckeinsatz LED "shark nose"
[smirk]

and i think it's because the tailsection is not streetlegal in the u.s. and if they would send it, they would problably be held responsible [confused]

JWolk217
03-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Autozone sells Blackout tail light covers for cars, but they aren't legal to use on the street. The makers of products are not responsible for legality, only the owners of the vehicle that is driven on the road. (not unless you have a motorcycle fairing with gatlin guns built on the sides- that'd be soo cool though!):D

justice720
03-16-2008, 08:38 AM
www.freetranslation.com.. just type what you want to say and translate it free then email them both the english and translation with a link to the freetranslation website.. it will get your point across. you can make it happen. good luck.. looks like a kickass mod.

Pete
06-15-2008, 02:44 AM
if you want to order one go to Trojan-horseuk.com they have the same air box cover there for sale in euros