PDA

View Full Version : front end vibration

Outlawlolo420
03-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Has anyone on here had a vibration in front end of bike while slightly braking at 20mph or faster? does not happen when i brake hard only when I slightly brake I can feel vibration. Any knowledge on this would really help.

LeFox
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
check the front disc.
make sure all screws are fastened with the correct torque

Outlawlolo420
03-09-2008, 08:33 PM
HD is ordering all mounting stuff under warranty for front disc. but can anything else cause this with forks or neck barring or even the axle in front? just wondering cause.

LeFox
03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
but can anything else cause this with forks or neck barring or even the axle in front? just wondering cause.
think then you should have it with hard braking too.

if the disc is loose and you break soft, the disc is still able to move with every profile in the road.
when you brake hard, the disc is pushed in it's position and does not have the power to move back from that position.

that's the same with your brake cylinder mounting...[smirk]

that's my guess...but all depends on what you mean with 'vibrate'.

Outlawlolo420
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
thanks for in put LeFox hope HD fix problem parts for mounting should be here next week. Ps: vibration or shakes real bad some time so sever fills like wheel is going to fall off.

Outlawlolo420
04-09-2008, 01:46 AM
ok the shop replaced my rotor and i still get vibration in front end real bad but no all the time could my caliper be malfunctioning?

BuellPartsGuy
04-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Could just be a bad tire.

scobbie001
04-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Check your axle. Mine was doing the same thing, and I couldn't figure out why. I bought my bike used, and it came from up north...I went to get new tires a month ago, and it took the mechanic almost an hour to get the front axle out...it was coated in salt. He cleaned and polished the axle, and voila...no more vibrations. This may or may not be a common problem...but it fixed my situation.

strmvt
04-09-2008, 03:22 AM
you can always try these as well it might help I have them in my tires and NO weights I repeat NO weights on my wheels and I'm riding on glass and the cupping went away on the front <it was starting to appear>

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

BuellPartsGuy
04-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I dont know if I believe that stuff works. I would have to see it. Sounds like a gimmick to me. Reason why I am saying is, if these are so great, why aren't they widely used?

strmvt
04-10-2008, 03:33 AM
BPG, I can understand your skepticism, I was skeptical myself but they are so cheap I figured why not. Have you looked at the testimonials and the photos page,and the links page? I agree being more widely used would help in some of the skepticism. As you can see they are widely used in RVs off road jeeps and semis not so much motorcycles. Wouldn't hurt to give em a try, you can always put the weights back on if you don't like them. Either way to each their own :p

BuellPartsGuy
04-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm open to try em. I'll order a set up soon. I'm going to try them in my truck first. 4 wheels have more room for error. lol Then, if they work, they'll go in the bike.

strmvt
04-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't have a cage to put them in or I would. Let me know how it goes BPG

LeFox
04-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Let me know how it goes BPG
nono...let us know :p

strmvt
04-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Lefox they work great in my 12R no weights on the wheels and the front tire isn't cupping anymore it was just starting to cup with just over 8k on the clock I check my tire pressures each morning before I ride and at every fill-up so I know it wasn't the tire pressure causing it. But I am interested in knowing how it works in a cage.

LeFox
04-11-2008, 07:59 AM
i have nothing against my weights, since they have the same colour as my wheels (amber)

but it's the first time i'm hearing about tose beads...so i'm intrigued ;)

fastxb12r
04-12-2008, 12:13 AM
[confused]
i have nothing against my weights, since they have the same colour as my wheels (amber) Where did you get those weights?

fastxb12r
04-12-2008, 12:14 AM
[confused]
i have nothing against my weights, since they have the same colour as my wheels (amber) Where did you get those weights?

black_xb12r
04-12-2008, 03:33 AM
i had the same vibration in mine on slightly braking but gone under hard/normal braking and i just simply tried changing pads forst cause they were gettin down there and it totally solved mine so...just some more info on the subject... sounds like it could be alot of different things....

also would like to know where the amber wheel weights came from... or if you painted em urself...
thanks in advance LeFox

LeFox
04-12-2008, 06:18 PM
nah, my tire-guy has them...

they can be ordered in any tire specialized shop.

LeFox
04-21-2008, 07:02 PM
aha...took the time today to take a picture ;)

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/627_20080421115014_L.jpg

yea i know my wheels need cleaning, but it's nice weather out now and i need to ride not clean :D

ichibird
05-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Had the same vibration under medium to heavy braking, brought into shop and the front rotor was warped and needed to be replaced.