PDA

View Full Version : BUELL Movement! "The best bike there is......"

IRULE
09-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Buell Brothers and Buell Sisters, how many times were you asked about your bike? From "What da hell kind of bike is it?" to "Why it looks like this?". We (Buells) are so misunderstood!

Imagine if we are "popular" again, people (the wanna be) will want to pay top $ for our bikes (not for sale anyway), some rich dude might buy and help Erik to reborn Buells again! There's going to be more aftermarket parts available for all of us, there are just going to be great stuff happening to all of us.

It's my personal mission to spread the words out to everyone I know that rides. Since I am also a motorcycle instructor, I'm going to promo to my students. Buell for life! Join me to bring Buell back to life!

WALLSXB
09-06-2010, 01:19 PM
It seems everywhere I take my Buells people come up and ask about them . I've told people if you don't like attention then don't ride a Buell , when I had a Bmw k1200r nobody acknowledged it. Buell riders are the best form of advertising , FREE !

xxspudxx
09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I did not realize what I had until I came out from lunch and found 3 older gentlemen standing around the bike trying to figure out what it was.

I tell everyone I know to sale their metric junk and find a Buell with low miles while they still can.

WALLSXB
09-06-2010, 01:39 PM
A week after they announced the closure of Buell I was at a diner and spent about an hour and a half talking to a BMW rider about my stt. 2 weeks later the diner had an 1125cr in front, it was the BMW guy. He said after talking to me he started shopping around and got an awesome deal on it , also stated he never knew how awesome Buells were .Harley is clueless as to what they killed off.

BuellRider3158
09-06-2010, 01:43 PM
I had 2 old harley guys come up to me and tell me that I needed to treat my piece of history well.

Padave
09-06-2010, 02:27 PM
yeah, I love the quizzical looks I get - or "What the hell is that?" It's usually after I loudly roar by them or pull up to a light. The funny thing is most of the Harley guys I've come across have no idea that it used to be a part of the Harley family, and they have a hell of a time wrapping their mind around a streetbike sounding like a cruiser.

It's one of the many reasons I love my bike. It's existence is a mystery to most people.

I might own different bikes in the future, but I will always own my Buell - it will never be for sale.

jzchev28
09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
people ask me about my buell constantly, it gets tons of attention.

WALLSXB
09-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Had a guy ask me what kind of bike I had and told him all about it, fired it up and he said it sounded like a Harley , I told him it was an exhaust leak and he said that's dangerous and should get it fixed then walked away.

IRULE
09-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Why spent the time with the Harley guys? THEY DON'T GET IT! They still stuck in the 50's and 60's. You are wasting your time. The people we need to talk to is the people on the Sport bikes - they NEED to respect the Buells![mad]

flwindsurf
09-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I like my Uly XT so much that I'm now LQQKing for a CR to add to my Buell collection.:D

anrkizm95
09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
they do respect the buells,i ride with 2 1000s and a 600.they all love my bike,1 guy on an r1 is thinking of selling his bike and getting a buell.he is the newest in our group,they all have chicken strips a mile wide and the 600 and an r1 guy had never been over 130 until they rode with me.i think most metric guys are afraid to stand out.in the last 2 months i have sold my 600 and my busa and committed to my buell.

IRULE
09-06-2010, 05:54 PM
That's what I am saying. Encourage other brothers and sisters to switch over to buells. We need to spread the words! We are all over the US plus other brothers and sisters from different countries, we can bring back the Buell brand! All-in!:p

stang65pony
09-06-2010, 06:32 PM
i'd say about 1/2 the people that look at or ask me about my bike know what it is and those that know of buell seem to respect them. majority of the compliments i get are on my hero blue rims, people asking if they are stock, people cant believe my air box cover is transparent either. and i get a lot of questions about my buell's torque. last bike night i had about 6 people around my bike staring. good to be different.

treyflee
09-07-2010, 06:23 PM
To generalize all Harley guys as not understanding Buell is not correct. I've have a Fat Boy for years. Been trying to get a Buell for a while before actually getting one. Trying to convince the wife that yes we NEED a fifth bike wasn't that easy. Many of the Harley guys I ride with completely love my Buell, it just isn't for them. Most of the sport bike guys I ride with completely disrespect them (until we turn).

That being said, someone walked up to me to other day and said "That's what a bike should sound like." But get all kinds of looks when I fire it up with the Hawk pipe.

DrogeN Omen
09-07-2010, 08:33 PM
i have a XB12ss and get all sorts of comments...

mostly from jap bike riders...

"why would you want to ride an air compressor"
"hows that tractor going, still riding it i see"
"Harley bikes are ****, isn't your bike a Harley?"

only people i get any good comments from are Harley riders strangely enough...

its not my first bike but its my favorite, definitely plan on getting another one. either XB9SX City Cross or an XB12XT, not a fan of the Firebolts (XB9R, XB12R)...

BTW im from New Zealand... go NZ BUELL RIDERS...

RiderX
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
love my XB12Ss, never get rid of it. i'll have to own it for 15 years before i'll beable to aford the new 1190, but will be well worth the wait :)

agfish18
09-08-2010, 03:15 PM
they do respect the buells,i ride with 2 1000s and a 600.they all love my bike,

I too ride with about 4 other sport bike riders (Daytona 675, CBR 1000, R6, R1, and my 1125R) They all get pissed off when they revv their engines, and I follow up with mine. They all respect the Buell just as I respect their bikes.

Buellgog
09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
When i ride my all black xb1200Ss to work they call it the BAT BIKE kinda suits it ;)

IRULE
09-09-2010, 11:01 PM
So far since the first posting of this tread, I have successfully told 2 people a day about Buells. Like it or not, I'm telling them! We need buells Erik to bring Buells back to live! You dig?

hula Buell
09-10-2010, 01:21 AM
I passed 2 harley and one chopper guys around a circle today and had the Firebolt was way over on its side when I passed them.About 3 miles down the road they caught up to me in traffic in front of the Dole Pineapple store and the chopper guy said "now I understand".It was wonderful !!!!:D

JohnnyS999
09-30-2010, 01:08 PM
The CR gets a lot of favorable attention because it embodies the streetfighter look, eventhough it was supposed to be a Cafe Racer. On the other hand most people I know don't like the look of the R and I can't say I blame them. Its a goofy looking bike.