PDA

View Full Version : Why you bought your buell?????

BuellDr
09-07-2010, 06:20 PM
I am wondering peoples responses to their reasons for buying a buell?

Mine: I bought my 1125 because I like harley davidsons and the idea of buying american..especially considering Buell is the last american made sportbike or was.My buddies all ride ninjas or gsxr 750 or 1000s or Busas and two cruisers. I like to be different and i love the attention my buell attracts. I feel like the sound pouring out of my exhaust sounds like a monster truck i love it. Also i was informed of the amazing handling and cornering capabilities the cr had along with tremendous amounts of power!!

treyflee
09-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Did a test ride of a 1125R in the Black Hills at Sturgis. Company guy that guided the ride did a damn fime job of trying to make sure we killed ourselves. Spent the next few years trying to convince the wife. Had to buy her two bikes of her own then she gave in.

crxtasy169
09-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I love streetfighters and after I took the test ride I knew the bike was for me it was the most fun riding bike I had ever been on!

popeye13433
09-07-2010, 06:47 PM
owned a 00 x1 when the r came out i wanted it but could not afford it (so the wife said). then the CR came out and i needed it, wife still said no. when buell went under and i found out i could get a CR for 7Gs out the door i made a deal with the devil. I had to bite the bullet and made a trade. I get a new bike and the wife gets a new set of boobs[smirk]. wait this is a total win win for me and i love both the bike and the boobs :p

upthemaiden
09-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I've always had a thing for them ever since the first time I heard a harley coming then saw the sportbike coming in it's place. It was a blue m2 or s1, not sure which. I was kind of hesitant after owning a triumph and always having trouble with it. I swore I'd never own anything but a japanese bike again. I had been hoping to pick up a beat up gsxr750 eventually when the news about buell closing came, then the firesales, and the fact that I was too broke to even put down a deposit and pay for insurance. Eventually after looking at them enough I didn't even get any joy out of looking at gsxrs anymore and I just held out until I bought mine. I had only seen 1 xb in person close up, and two from a slight distance, and had never sat one one when I caught a ride 5 hours away, and rode my xb 5 hours home. Been extremely pleased with it since.

BadDad320
09-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I saw a Firebolt and thought to myself.... "I want one of those"..... Then I went and got one......

BadDad320
09-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Actually I got 2 because my kid kept bugging me to ride mine...... Shortly after getting mine, I got him one.....

WALLSXB
09-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I was drawn to the lightnings because they are different. You don't see them at every light like a lot of the other sport bikes. Seems everywhere you go people inquire about them, and they are just BADASS bikes.

stang65pony
09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
when i was younger i seen/heard a loud ass bike tear ass out of a parking lot. couldnt believe that sound was coming from a street bike. looked into it, found out what it was. several years later i decided i was ready to buy. american < big reason. affordable < another big reason. just looks b.a.

08levin
09-07-2010, 09:16 PM
did a bunch of research on a first bike. Liked the naked look and found the Buell online. Fell for the mean look, american made, and the dealer by me had the last of the 08 xb12 models and sold it to me for the xb9 price.

oh... by the way, I only had a motorcycle permit at the time, so never even got to test ride it before they delivered it to me on a rainy day. Just had to have it and getting a beater that I'd hate after a yearjust didn't make sense.

Test rode a CR during the fire sales and was VERY close to buying that... have buell fever and had a chance to visit the factory before they closed....Awesome! [up]

braindead
09-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I always wanted a v twin but did not want a cruser. I like the twisties. So I settled for a r6 till I could afford a buell. Wife was at HD dealer and saw the one I have been eyeing and called me to come get it

09CRRED1
09-07-2010, 11:11 PM
$5k rebate and its a sweet bike. i couldnt afford 2 full price bikes so when i heard about the rebate i bought it that week

JJsXB9Sx
09-07-2010, 11:40 PM
I still remember the first Buells I heard, then saw.. I was impressed with the different engineering, and the naked bikes are sick. I got a ****ty back from sports injuries so the upright ridign position of the lightnings was always attractive. As soon as I realized Buell went under and was serious about buying, it had to be the lightning. Crazy what some dealers are calling "new" these days though... found harley dealer with an 07 XB12s in the midwest with like 800 miles on it calling it a new bike. Hung up on that sob... Bought an actual new cause I'll be keeping the Buell forever... (eyes welling)

Squattybodyjr
09-08-2010, 03:43 AM
Loved em ever since i first spotted one when i was a kid because it had the harley roar and the sporty look and swore i would own one when i got older so in 05 i bought a xb9 then in 09 i bought xb12.

FlyingDuc
09-08-2010, 05:37 AM
I wanted a low maintenance (compared to a Duc) twin with character that fit my 36" inseam. The price sealed the deal.

FerrisBueller46
09-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Love the looks and I got rid of my Kawasaki ZX10R for it have never looked back. Dont get me wrong, those are awesome bikes but my Lightning just begs you to actually RIDE it...not just point and shoot it!

fwkapaun
09-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Was impressed with the Buell line when I first layed eyes on them in the the mid 90's. Finally test drove a Lightning in '06. Couldn't afford one....last year when Buell went tits up, the local dealer practically gave me a brand spankin' new '07 Lightning. Have loved riding it and wish I would have bought one about ten years sooner.

wairen
09-08-2010, 07:54 AM
i'm impulsive. :D

mikeb2275
09-08-2010, 08:04 AM
I like the naked sport bike look so I started looking at the lightnings then found my firebolt on craigslist and bought it this spring with 4200 miles and now have 7300 and love every mile and if anyone is or gets around bronson,mi hit me up and we'll do some riding

anrkizm95
09-08-2010, 09:26 AM
wanted to buy american.regretted it a number of times.but i love it and wouldnt trade for anything.

agfish18
09-08-2010, 12:28 PM
ok, so my first bike ever was a Blast... mostly because my dad was into Harleys at the time, and Buell was the sport bike that Harley sold. I fell in love with the Firebolt, but the parents would not get it for me at 17.
At 18, I joined the Army and had bought a used Ducati 900SS for a few years but sold it during my first deployment. After I got out, my dad's buddy was selling his XB9R so he could get the new 1125R. I bought it complete with race exhaust and ecm for $3500. After all I had drooled over them for several years. After a year of having the 9R, I too wanted to go for a little more power, and figured the 1125R was a great fit. I love the attitude of Buells, and the fact that not many other people have them. they arent just another GSXR on the street. I may never leave the brand again...

wiznut
09-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I bought my Buell because I couldn't afford one of these [smirk]. I still wouldnt mind one, but I love the hell out of my Buell.

http://www.dieselstation.com/pics/Ducati-Streetfighter-bike-pictures.jpg

bunkstar
09-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I was tired of sportbikes and everybody having the same s**t as me. I havent met anybody down here with a Buell. Nobody knows what a Buell is either. I love it when the rich guys look at my bike and then look at theirs with dissapointment. Suckers....

kkjc63
09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
1/2 PRICE !

BuellRider3158
09-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Bought mine because I was raised around Harley's and love them to death. Saw a Buell Firebolt and instantly wanted it. Ended up with a Lightning and couldn't be happier however.

garyphantom222
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I grew up on jap bikes and when I went looking for a new one I thought I would take a look at the local Harley dealer,it was the first time I knew of Buell,I know the owner of the Harley shop and they gave me good deal on my firebolt,I bought it because it looks very sleek,no regrets.:)

brightbuell
09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I wanted something diff but great in its own way, so i startwd researching and saw a firebolt and fell in love with the mass torque idea in a bike with the best agility on the road. I could not pass it up. I hug it some times and i dont care if people are watching.:D

xbMarksx
09-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I was at Midohio Vintage Days in 2003, I believe it was, doing some demo rides. I was planning on buying a bike the following year and just wanted to ride a few different bikes...Was mostly interested in Ducati monster,Somewhat interested in a Triumph , and a Moto Guzzi. SO I rode all 3 of those. Throughout the day, I noticed the HD tent was basically empty, you could just walk up a test ride a bike. So I was riding Harley's with ZERO interest in buying one...Guy ask me: Have you ridden a Buell? I say "no". Not into those. They're too ****ing ugly. ANd honestly I thought anything in the HD tent was a pig that couldn't move....SO, I ride a couple, I think a 9 lightning and a 12 bolt. Was pleasantly surprised. Told the dude, Yeah, those are OK...FFWD to the next year's Vintage days...Riding demos again. Rode the Ducati's, MV Agusta, Guzzi's again. Signed up for another Buell ride. Rode a few that day, decided that I like the 9 better, and by now the look was growing on me, and generally dug the bike...ALOT. **** came up, didn't buy a new bike that year. FFWD to 2005 Demo rides. Rode some of the usual bikes I was looking at and the Buell xb9sx. I rode it 3 times that day. The last time I got off of it, guy says, well? I say. I am buying one. I love everything about this bike. SO I went to the dealer and ordered one with a race kit. Have been in love ever since. For real. I have had alot of bike in my life. NONE have more smiles under the helmet than the Buell. There were so many reasons to buy one, it was a no brainer for me and don't have a single regret 22k miles later. The little ****er even holds its own on the track. I love it. For real. If it had a snatch, I'd **** it.

dondick
09-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I was at the harley dealer lookin for a sporster . This was in 03 . The salesman told me the sporster was a starter bike or for women . I wanted somthin quick , and didn't want a big twin . I looked over and saw a lightning . I said what is that . He told me they were more of a second bike . I came back the next day , talked to a different salesman and rode off on an 03 firebolt that was barley used . I still dont want anything else . Buell is the way I roll .

CBi
09-08-2010, 06:05 PM
If it had a snatch, I'd **** it.

Now there's a guy that loves his bike!!!!! LOL

buellxb12scgjc
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
first bike was an sv 650, always loved the streetfighter look. When i couldn't stand it (or so i thought) I bought a harley, a friend of mine never could get the money to get a buell but loved them with a passion more than i love mine. He died on his bike at 26 before he could own one, so i bought one for him. The exact one, word for word, 2007 xb12 scg cherry bomb red. Its my tribute to him, think about it everytime i ride. plus like you guys said, just a bad ass bike!!!!

YJBoomer
09-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Lets see. My wife and I (girlfriend at the time) were at a truck in 92. The show, if anyone knows the truck shows from that time was in North Carolina called "Mini Beach Madness". Great show back then. We walked into the local H-D dealer on the strip in Myrtle Beach looking for stuff. There is was, an awesome tuber on display. I looked over this bike the entire time we were there. I told my wife that I will have one. After H-D mad the bad announcement of closing Buell, I started my search. In January I purchased my xb12r.

07xb12sgrin
09-09-2010, 04:37 PM
i wanted one since they came out in 03. i was also riding a sv650 before and didnt want to give in to the fourbangers(bandit1200). sold the sv in 04 and had to wait till last year.glad i waited, got a 07/xb12scg for $5200 with all the mods already done that i was going to do to it. love these bikes and already looking for a possible second.:D i think im in love but they all think im crazy. honestly, this is the most comfortable bike i have ridden yet and ive had about a dozen different bikes. [up][up]

jerseymayhem
09-09-2010, 04:57 PM
growing up i always wanted a triumph speed,saw a buell x1 at a car show once and really digged the sound and naked look. And during a tour in Japan in 2004 there was a car dealer where they did stuff tax free, already had a car so i didn't need another, so i looked at the bike brochure and he was selling Harleys and Buells and the Buell reminded me of the bikes i had liked growing up. And believe it or not i was torn between a VRod and a Buell xB9r, and the guy said, "you get better looking chicks on a sport bike." So i bought it...insert forehead smacking emoticon here.....Love that bike though its going to the grave with me!

hula Buell
09-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Made in America by Americans:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bolt
09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I've always wanted a buell ,since the thunderbolt.
When I finally had the chance,in 05, I decided to spend a few grand more for the firebolt. How can you beat an American sport with a v-twin??! Eventually , added the 09 scg to the stable..
I don't have any great love for hd, especially now, but I truly respect Eric for his passion & engineering Individuality.
[up]

jzchev28
09-11-2010, 07:08 AM
i saw my first buell when i was around 12 in a harley store in a mall. i didnt know anything about the bike, not that it was american made, or light and tourqey, all i knew is it was the coolest looking motorcycle i had ever seen. after that i allways begged my parents to keep going back to that store so i could see the bike again and again. ive dreamed of owning a buell ever since. ive been to harley stores and drooled over them for years but never had the cash to buy one. ive had a few ricerockets over the years, and those are all fine in their own right. then one day my buddy who knew about my buell lust called me up and told me about one he seen for sale. so i did what any guy with any sense would do, i went and bought that damn thing and sold my ninja. no bike has ever given me as many thrills as my firebolt, i mean just look at the thing, it screems bad ass!!!
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6616_20100904082151_L.jpg

j4nn3
09-11-2010, 09:28 AM
I fell in love with the XBS's design and looks when they came to market. I knew that if I ever was going to upgrade from my Sportster, the XB12S would be my goal.

My Sporty evolved from apehanger-frisco tank-forward controls bobber(ish) to low bar, stock tank, mid control dirt tracker / racer. Then I saw myself riding feet on passenger pegs more and more often. So my plan was to install rear sets to the Sporty, and modify it even more to racer stance, but then I found my XB12S. I kept the two bikes for half a year, but then decided to part with the Sporty because I don't have a garage or any other suitable place for wrenching now. Also, some extra cash didn't harm since we got our second child only days before I bought the Buell...

Andrew88M
09-11-2010, 03:49 PM
traded my 08 nightser in for my 09 xb12r. wanted a sportbike but didnt want the bumble bee rice rocket sound. wanted something different that would turn heads and get people thinking and I wanted american made.

Builtdesign
09-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I think we all have dreams to do big things. The story of Buell inspires me to pursue those things. And even if I wasn't the type of person that enjoys being different and thinking outside the box. I'd of bought a Buell solely because of Eriks passion for his dreams. Plus I'm American, and I love motorcycling! That is why I bought and will continue to buy Buell.

luvridin
09-13-2010, 06:19 PM
I had to sell my Roadglide to get out of the payment when I got laidoff last year. I used the money I had left to buy the Buell. Really didnt consider it until I heard about the sale and closing. I had an xb12 before and always thought it was fun but needed a bit more top end. 1125cr wishes were answered. I am employed again and even though I wish Harley hadnt closed Buell, I will own another touring Harley next year.

Tank
09-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I had a 06 XB12R and wanted water cooling and the six speed sealed the deal...although all things said and done, I would reverse the deal in a New York Minute! The XB12R was a superior handling bike and soooo much torque! plus I only owed 4500 on it when I traded as soon as the first 1125R was on the showroom floor...paid $14,999.99 plus TT&L! Wish I had gotten that honey of a deal like some of you got...$7k! Mad am I a day late & a dollar short ot what?

freak2180
09-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I bought mine because i love the look and it piss's off all the H/D riders in the family.....:D

Cronce1125R
09-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Went in for a xb12ss, walked out with an 1125r.

Insurrect
09-21-2010, 04:32 AM
Simply... love at first sight :)

henri66
09-21-2010, 05:48 AM
I wanted a bike which;

- fitted my size
- brings driving emotion
- makes noise (secondary safety feature ;-)
- sticks out from the rest
- gives reason for talks
- has fanatic owner group, not just interrested in the latest model or compete for the highest amount of HP
- which is just different from the rest
- has a great history
- made by a loyal group of workers, not some giant industry product

And last but not least;
I bike which does not scare off my South American girlfriends. Did you ever notice that allmost all off them have a burn mark on the inner leg. Jejeje.

So I bought a black XB12Scg.

winnetka
10-14-2010, 11:37 PM
I wanted an XB9SX for many years. I wanted it over the XB12SS because I thought it was easier to ride. At least that's how it felt in a demo ride. When I heard HD was closing Buell, it was now or never. I got a 2010 XB9SX.

I wish I could say it brings me tons of joy and lots of fun when I ride it, but I find it's a frustrating bike to ride. It's so "flickable" that it's not so easy to ride. Trying to ride a white line on the road is like trying to balance on a gymnastic balance beam. It's not easy to do. Every little tiny input on the handlebars is picked up in the steering. I'm constantly fiddling with the suspension to get it just right. It's too bumpy, or too plush but wallowing in the turns, or too squirley and unstable, or the front wheel feels like it's starting to head-shake, or just doesn't feel quite right but I don't know what to change. I think the rake is too steep on this bike.

I want it to be stable and easy to ride and confidence-inspiring, like a Ducati or Honda. I'll probably sell it and get one of those if I can't figure it out. I got it pretty close to a good ride with the original tires, but it wasn't right after I got new tires. Tiny changes in the damping settings really affect how this bike handles. I can feel a difference in 1/16 of a turn.

Despite my complaints, I ride it a lot. I've got 14,000 miles on it in the first 11 months. In the last 1000 miles, I swear the motor has gotten smoother down under 2500 RPMs and quicker reving and faster accelerating throughout the entire rev range. I might spend the money on some expensive suspension upgrades to make it ride like I want it to, or not if I get a good deal on a Ducati or Honda.

levi
10-15-2010, 05:35 PM
In no particular order;
* inexpensive
* American
* simple, and very low maint.
* no gear drive wizzzzz noise coming out of it.
* doesn't look like anything else in the universe
* long suspension travel (STT)
* long frames available for us tall fellers
* cheap parts
* I can do every single bit of work it requires
* very confidence inspiring - easy clutch for beginners
* belt drive
* decent fuel capacity
* no valve adjustments!
* no chrome
* excellent lowspeed characteristics
* suspension is adjustable and the adjustments actually DO something
* While you're asleep at night Buell Motorcycles fight crime in town, and return in the wee hours.

There's a bit more to it but this list hits the high points. It's an excellent do-it-all bike that is still fixable after the Zombie-apocolypse makes parts hard to come by.

I kinda wish there was a kick start on it as well.

Ebeo1
10-15-2010, 05:57 PM
I agree with all the comments above but when it came down to it money I bought a new motorcycle when the dealers sale was still on.

fireinxb
10-15-2010, 08:14 PM
My buell gave me a boner. So naturally, I bought it.

vanson1200r
10-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Why I bought a Buell? Well I'm U.S. Navy, I drive an American made car, bang a woman made in the USA, my kids were made in the USA so my bike will be made in the USA. Foreign bikes are great (Triumph, Ducati) but I can't bring myself to drive a car or ride a bike from a country that attacked us and lost but now builds factories in our land. I wont trade my American wife in for a Asian model....or my Buell. Crap, I just wrote all this buzzed on Sake...hahaha!

Cronce1125R
10-15-2010, 08:47 PM
youre a good man vanson [up]

WNTITAL
10-16-2010, 06:21 AM
To own a piece of American history. Since they don't make them anymore and I always wanted one, couldn't pass up the price. Also, just a bike lover in general. I also have a GSXR750. It's a great bike and the handling is good. Never riden one until I bought my 12scg. Great bike!

bodhisattva65
10-16-2010, 10:37 AM
it was $10,000 cheaper than the BMW GS1200 that i was looking at, for basically the same bike. fact is less maintence than the GS. that buys alot of tires, oil changes and riding equipment.

Vash The Stampede
01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
My wife (gf at the time) put a fire under me to start getting a few things that I wanted for myself. Started looking around, doing research and found a few ideas of what to get. On an off chance I checked out the Buell (there was an HD near my old college) at my local store. I wanted it bad. When I saw it was ahead of the curve in all the places I wanted I had to have one. Put my name on the list and in January of 2010 my HD called me saying that another store had one in stock. Went over there and got my XB9SX for 4,999 MSRP. I couldn't beat that with even the price on a dirt bike at 400cc. It is the pinnacle of street-fighter rides for me.

Thaloc
01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
I saw a Firebolt and thought to myself.... "I want one of those"..... Then I went and got one......

dannenvance
01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
I bought mine (last year) IN SPITE OF the fact that it was an H-D owned company. In general don't like Harleys. Not the overweight, sloppy look, the usually totally obnoxious sound, the way they handle, the total lack of overall performance. To me a Harley has about as much appeal as a tweed upholstered sleeper-sofa on wheels.

Buell on the other hand was/is the creation of a very talented guy with vision, and his company exists to make great sportbike motorcycles, not to make a product that you can then sell millions of dollars worth of ridiculous merchandise to the flock. I have yet to see a Buell toothbrush-holder or fluffy slippers and hope I never do.

I bought my Buell (Lightning) because of the following:
-Looks like a true American hot rod paired with fantastic modern technology.
-Great performance. More than enough for me anyway since I'll never take it on the track.
-Comfortable (as opposed to the race-replicas).
-Reliable.
-American made.
-It's different than 95% of other bikes out there. Usually people see it and have to ask what it is.
-It took me a while to adapt to the V-Twin sound but now I totally love it (still don't like most Harleys) way more than the I-4's.

SilveradoTX
01-14-2013, 03:25 PM
I was back and forth between the XB12S and a Street Triple. Both bikes fit like a glove.
The fact that Buell was American and had the rumble that I wanted were the major selling points... even knowing that Buell no longer existed as a company, I still went ahead and got it.

In my opinion, Buell is the muscle car of sport/street bikes.

Stillonit
01-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Saw an ad that they were liquidating all buell at 50%off at the harley dealer. I thought what is a buell?.
looked it up and just fell for the xb12x. but I got suckered by a quick talking sale guy with only 38% off but it was the only 2010 plain x model they had . but I still think it was a deal. If it weren't for the crude mapping it would have been 110% perfect.

Loki
01-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Loud
Torque
Looks
Rare

ROOK
06-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Dreams come true when you don't listen to your wife...

Negative
06-09-2013, 01:21 AM

captain13ron
06-09-2013, 05:44 AM
heres a good story,,,,,,,,,,,

I used to purchase a new bike every year...until 2007, always finding something I didn't like about what I bought. then I seen an ad in cycle world magazine, QUOTE; "test drive a uly and get a free man bag" FREE TEST DRIVE, ....I'm in! so I got to the dealership s fast as I could, being I previously owned some sportsters, I assumed it would be "shaky and slow" I drove it, that bike was smooth as silk, pulled the front wheel up with ease. five days later I bought a STT. lately I have been thinking about buying a street-bob, but every time I hop on my Buell I am comepletely satisfied with the Buell. no compromises, fits like a glove, rides like a beast! I get a rush everythime!

best bike ever!!!!!!! 19K miles..

only mods are the headlight mod, D & D pipe, lowered slightly, 1" bar risers, and a Corbin set (thats a must have)

only repairs, stator, battery, fan, ECM tune.....and many sets of rear tires. :)

Enemy Zero
06-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I liked the old S1 white lightnings but when the XB line came out, I instantly fell in love with the look of the XBS model. I could just never get myself to justify the price of them when they were brand new. I've never been a harley guy so the motor wasn't really a draw for me but I LOVED the hooligan look of the bike. My father bought an 1125CR in 2009 and I fell in love with that bike. It reminded me so much of my 2001 Aprilia that I had owned with a more comfortable seating position. The handling and the power were amazing. He sold that bike not long after due to the insurance being too high. I missed that bike a lot and looked around for one. None in my price range and wasn't getting any bites on selling my Kawasaki Versys so I'd have the cash to buy one.

So fast forward a bit. Last year a friend of mine starts getting interested in Buells and asks me about one he saw on craigslist. I say it looks great and to call the guy. Guy shows up at our work and I'm instantly in love with it. Friend buys it and rides it for about 4k miles. I lust after it the whole time. One day he says he want's something faster like a ZX6 or R6 and posts his bike on craigslist. I cry a little on the inside. No one bites so I say, I'll trade my Versys in on his behalf toward a new bike for him. He finds an R6 that he wants, I trade my bike in toward it and he signs over his Buell to me in the parking lot. I couldn't pass up the deal. No money out of pocket and I finally have a bike I've wanted for a long time not to mention one I've lusted over since first sight and I've been loving it ever since. Still have the bug for an 1125 here and there but I love the look and feel of this XB9SX so much I just want to ride it all the time.

Sorry for the long post.

thrstrmech
06-09-2013, 09:23 AM
something that NOT every Tom, Dick, and Harry powered by rice and covered in plastic has...

looks, American made, v-twin, and naked:D

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/10624_20110704233104_L.jpg

iman501
06-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Like everybody else on here, I just wanted a bike that you dont see at every corner. I also wanted a bike that had a lot of TQ, and handled well (not sure why i cared about handling since I bought it when i lived in Illinois...)

therealou
06-09-2013, 05:05 PM
I had always wanted a rocket growing up, and rode a few different ones and didn't feel comfortable for me, I'm a shorty stocky fella so the whole leaning way over just didn't do it for me. My buddy had an XB9R, and I just loved the vtwin and the over look of the bike. He let me ride it one day and I bought it a week later [up]. Now I send him pics when I do mods just to make him regret selling it. He's currently looking for another now haha. I just love the head turns you get on the street when people see a rocket that sounds like a Harley. A Victory is still in my future for those longer rides.

SEXT9
06-09-2013, 09:31 PM
I grew up owning different types of bikes. I bought a S1 Lightning because I wanted to do a dropped low, wide tire Redneck chopper conversion. The S1 had the most parts I could use. I tore the bike down and began the conversion process. In the course of researching the bike for the build, I fell for the Buells.

But, there were things I liked and didn't like about each year and model. So I sold off the complete project I was working on. I bought an XB and began changing parts until I'm at this point today.

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/10688_20130518220728_L.jpg

I love being able to change everything. It allows the bike to be American and still be different. And after 30 years of riding, I cant remember a bike I've enjoyed more.

Disturbed1
06-10-2013, 07:42 AM
I have quite a few bikes in my stable, 1989 HD Springer Soft-tail, 2000 Hayabusa, 2006 DRZ 400SM, and assorted quads and dirt bikes. Two years ago I built a 2009 Honda Rebel "Custom Bobber" for my O'Lady to learn / ride on. No power because it was a 250, being on an expressway was outright dangerous. She bitched and complained about not keeping up with me… So I of course I had to make her happy…

Bought the Buell XB9SX Lighting – Lowered for my O'Lady. She is short, like very short, and was the only bike she could touch the ground on that had any power. (She did not want a cruiser.)

Skip forward a couple of months after purchasing and customizing her Buell. She bitched and complained about me always riding her bike. Kick me off of it and told me to buy my own… again I had to make her happy… So I had to buy my own…sniff…[sad]

Poludy
06-15-2013, 08:35 PM
When i was in college i wanted a bike bad but had no idea of what to buy.... Then i went to the motorcycle expo show in Cleveland. I walked around all day and didn't sit on a thing until i hit the Harley booth. I wandered around for a bit and a rep says "Come over here and have a seat." Bam next thing i know im on a brand new lightning and fell in love. But for me college = no money = no bike. All of the reasons that other listed above were great but the most important was MADE IN AMERICA!

Well some time had passed and i didn't but anything. Then i had a moment where my brain **** the bed and i almost bought a CBR500.... But then i regained my senses and walked away.

Fast forward a few years when i have a job and some money. I get board in my hotel room in Secacus NJ and start cruising the inter-webs and find a 2005 XB12Scg about an hour away. i ride to the dealership "just to look" next thing you know im doing paperwork and its getting prepped to sell, no test drive, i didn't even hear it run. guy loads it up and away i go. Hell i even forgot that i took the spare tire out of the bed of my truck and left it sitting in the parking lot.

Now mind you that this is my first bike, i had just got my permit so i could practice on my buddy's bike to test later. So i ride my bike to the BMV to test and the instructor tells me to pull over to the starting point, i put on my helmet and ride over and then shut my machine down because its so loud. I flip up my visor and he says "What in the hell is that!?!?!" from that point on i knew that i would be a Bueller for life.

Dave A
06-16-2013, 05:47 AM
I loved the looks and the price was right... No regrets! I've owned five other bikes since buying my 09Ss new in March 2010. The Buells a keeper.