PDA

View Full Version : Oil breather?

Paloma1974
09-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone ever notice oil dripping from the right side engine case slider (pegasus emblem)? I was riding around at about noon and when I arrived at work i saw a drop of oil. Looked at the case and saw a couple of drops forming around the case slider from a pinhole. I know its hot right now in Texas but I was on the highway mostly and never over 5000rpm. Just wondering if that a kind of oil breather like on valve covers for auto engines.

JeepinBueller
09-12-2010, 02:21 PM
That's the oh-so-annoying clutch seal leak. It's not a life threatening problem unless it's leaking so much fluid that it effects the clutch. If you're under warranty, you can have it serviced at your local FUHD for free, though the seal kits were backordered the last time I checked, so you may have to wait a bit for the kit to come in.

Basically the clutch piston has a few O-rings around it and they sometimes slip off/break/deteriorate. I'm not sure about that, but that's how the little picture is in my head :) Basically you'll need to get those seals replaced so you don't leak clutch fluid (DOT 4).

Paloma1974
09-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess Ill have it installed with my back ordered wiring harness.[cool]