PDA

View Full Version : Laid it down

BenJamin444
03-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I took a turn on my way to work this morning and the rear wheel slipped out from uner me and the bike slid about 10 or 15 feet. The header was scratced the the engine part with the firebolt logo rivited on was scratched and the swing arm, the rest of the demage can be replaced.
I planned on wraping the headers will that affect any thing the scratch is not deep and the is no puncture. Is there any way to remove the scratch on the swig arm? steel whool or something without taking it to a shop? And the same thing for the logo peice right behind the header? Any help would be great.

LeFox
03-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I planned on wraping the headers will that affect any thing the scratch is not deep and the is no puncture.
only option is to wrap it...the scratches have no influence what so ever

Is there any way to remove the scratch on the swig arm? steel whool or something without taking it to a shop?
sand it down so it's smooth and paint it with 17149 - XB12 Graphite Gray Frame Paint (http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/17149.html) if it's a 12 or 17148 - XB9 Fluid Silver Frame Paint (http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/17148.html) if it's a 9

And the same thing for the logo peice right behind the header? Any help would be great.
got a picture?
depends on where it is, but you could try filling it with fluid metal and have it powdercoated.

strmvt
03-12-2008, 09:49 PM
GAH!!! you ok 1st of all if so thank god now you can worry about the bike =P

warhorse
03-13-2008, 01:36 AM
man that sucks about your xb. just remember rubber on the ground. :D

be easy

mrdozer2you
03-13-2008, 07:17 PM
At least you can still type and tell us about the accident. Things can always be worse, a bike can be fixed easier than a body [up] Glad your ok. :D:D:D

BenJamin444
03-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah I walked away with minor scratches The damage to the bike is minor I had people look at it I didn't even know it happened minus the brake lever and mirror.
Has anyone else slipped on the white painted cross walks or Stop lines before? The person in the car behind me said it happend when I turned and my rear tire was on the line and thats when the rear wheel went out from under me.

shotgunner
03-14-2008, 07:05 PM
It happened to me. I didn't hit the ground but when it grabbed again I got a pretty good high side. It was at the base of an on rampt to an expressway. Guess I was starting the throttle a little to early

LeFox
03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
yea, you gotta look out for those white roadmarkers and sewer shields :o

once you get used to them, you can do some drifting, but if your not...they are a pain in the ...:p

mrdozer2you
03-15-2008, 07:53 PM
My favorite is that ****ty tar they use to fill cracks in the road. On a hot summre day that stuff gets real soft and slippery. Try switching lanes on the expressway going through a crapload of those things [smirk]

xb9rider
03-15-2008, 09:47 PM
ebay.... search buell xb someone is parting out a whole bike..swingarm and all

justice720
03-16-2008, 08:15 AM
yeah paint is really slippery exp when wet. I stay away from it.. glad you're ok. **** happens.. I always say it's not if you're going to lay it down it's when.. that's why I always wear my gear (helmet and jacket min). No matter how far I'm riding.

btw: thanks LeFox for the link to the paints:
sand it down so it's smooth and paint it with 17149 - XB12 Graphite Gray Frame Paint if it's a 12 or 17148 - XB9 Fluid Silver Frame Paint if it's a 9

I'm going to tackle my tank boo boos here in a bit and was wondering about that exact paint match!

LeFox
03-16-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm going to tackle my tank boo boos here in a bit and was wondering about that exact paint match!
there's a brush touch-up kit on the market also ;)

BenJamin444
03-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah I had on my riding boot and Icon jeans with a HD padded jacket. so I had very little scratches.
Thanks for all the help