PDA

View Full Version : Riding boots

EVLTWN
03-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Who wears riding boots on the street? I'm looking into getting a pair soon. Haven't done a lot of research yet, but so far the puma desmo's are lookin' good.

BuellPartsGuy
03-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Icon has a lot more street friendly riding boots.

www.rideicon.com

EVLTWN
03-14-2008, 12:49 AM
I want something more aggressive than what they show and those puma's are said to be pretty comfy for what they are.

shotgunner
03-14-2008, 02:09 AM
I ride the alpinestars that look like combat boots and love them.

mrdozer2you
03-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I ride the alpinestars that look like combat boots and love them

Thats funny...I actually wear combat boots when I ride [up] I prefer sneakers but you definitely need something over the ankle.

shotgunner
03-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Here you go Dozer, best of both worlds

http://www.alpinestars.com/Recon_Waterproof_Boot/pd/np/113/p/244306.html

mrdozer2you
03-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Nice but spendy :p Do I really need special riding boots? Whats the big deal? Im not a racer...or a poser :D:D:D

shotgunner
03-15-2008, 08:54 PM
You are right, I have seen the light. Do I really need this special helmet, no, my old football helmet will work. This jacket, nah, duct tape. Now no one will mistake me for a poser. just bustin your chops a bit Dozer. I guess that it is preference just like why we ride the type of bikes we do. Speaking of bikes . . ., what's the big deal, do I need this spendy XB12R . . .

mrdozer2you
03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I guess I get it....a brain bucket helmet works ( sort of ) but a full face is better. yeah yeah yeah. I have a nice helmet....a great armored leather jacket, I always wear jeans ( I know theres better options ) I just dont see whats so special about riding boots? Can someone please explain exactly the benefit?

LeFox
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I just dont see whats so special about riding boots? Can someone please explain exactly the benefit?
protection of ankle and the lower part of your leg.

also, if you go deep enough and you hit the ground with the footpeg & sneaker, the change your sneaker grips and pulls your leg back is higly possible.
this is not the case with riding boots (harder rubber on sole) and with sport riding boots, you have sliders on the side. ;)

strmvt
03-17-2008, 07:14 PM
I like these my 12R is yellow so I'll probably get them in yellow

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=PUM_301464-02-39_G&tier2=292

mrdozer2you
03-17-2008, 08:03 PM
also, if you go deep enough and you hit the ground with the footpeg & sneaker, the change your sneaker grips and pulls your leg back is higly possible.

Well I can understand that on the track yes....but street riding I cant say that I would ever need them. Our roads are so bad here there are very few times where im gonna be dragging my knee without worrying that the road is gonna crumble underneath me [smirk]

shotgunner
03-17-2008, 09:33 PM
It really is about levels of safety and comfort. How many times have you seen some guy on a cruiser in sandles and a t-shirt and thought, "What a moron." We each chose our own level and Darwin will sort out the rest.

Stylie420
03-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Ya know I agree you shotgunner, but I'm that moron on a vrod with no helmet, t-shirt, shorts, and sandles, well that was back in Kansas <--no helmet law, but now I'm in Oregon and I can't do that anymore. Back to the point though, I have the puma desmo and it is a good boot. Definitely spendy though, I think they were close to $300.

EVLTWN
03-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Are the desmos somewhat comfortable to actually walk around in say if you ran into the store or got a quick bite to eat?

Stylie420
03-20-2008, 09:50 AM
yeah man, I get done riding and end up wearing them for the rest of the day. I'm in portland though so I don't know how they are in warmer climates. I think they might get kinda hot, might not be very breathable.