PDA

View Full Version : She's down...

scobbie001
03-17-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm generally very cautious about letting anyone near my bike...but a good friend of mine who's been riding for over 30 years seemed like a not-so-bad idea. He went too fast into a curve loaded with sand and went down at about fifty...but thankfully he's not hurt. My 9R, on the other hand, didn't fare so well. From what I can tell the plastics are trashed, both mirrors, all signals, right side pegs and heel plates, and maybe the handlebars. Thankfully, I don't think the frame or swingarm are damaged...but I guess I won't know until a tech digs into it. BuellPartsGuy...if a Buell goes down into a yard at fifty, what's the likelyhood of the frame and/or forks twisting, bending, or cracking at the welds...just out of curiosity.

Just wanted to share my sob story with some who may feel my pain...it was hurtful to look at her :(.

mccluresm
03-17-2008, 03:20 AM
:(

BuellPartsGuy
03-17-2008, 03:43 AM
My bike went donw on the freeway at 60 and the frame was fine. You won't really know till they measure it though. I'm hoping for the best for ya. I know the pain personally...

LeFox
03-17-2008, 07:21 AM
[sad]

i know what ya mean...i ended up in a ditch @ 60 last summer because of diesel fuel :o

the good thing is, now that you have to change things, it's time to mod ;)

mrdozer2you
03-17-2008, 02:15 PM
DONT LET PEOPLE RIDE YOUR BIKE!!! Bad things happen

scobbie001
03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
DONT LET PEOPLE RIDE YOUR BIKE!!! Bad things happen

Yeah...well, I don't 99.9% percent of the time, but this guy is more capable of riding than I am...so I assumed it wouldn't be a bad idea (obviously, I was wrong). But, it wasn't his fault, he braked in a turn covered in sand and spilled...but the bike never touched the asphalt, so I've only got cosmetic damage caused by the grass.

scobbie001
03-17-2008, 03:57 PM
BuellPartsGuy...I've got a question. I have a tech near me who works at a Triumph/Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki dealership but is Harley/Buell certified and does absolutely fantastic work, if he got a list of parts together, could you get them for him at a reasonable price (he said he probably couldn't get factory OEM parts)? The nearest Buell dealership is two hours away, and they aren't very helpfull or thorough. Any help is greatly appreciated!

BuellPartsGuy
03-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Check your other post. :p