PDA

View Full Version : Buell Bashers wtf?

Stylie420
03-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Why are there so many people who jump at the chance to dis our bikes? This is my first sport bike, but I've ridden others, and I looked at other bikes before I rode my first buell, a bad ass M2. I just found something in them that no other bike had. I just got done arguing with a friend of mine about who's bike was better. His major points were, buells don't handle well, they don't have power, and they have tons of problems. He's never even ridden one, where do people get this stuff? Like I said I'm new but this thing out performs anything I've ridden, aside from like a $30000 MV. Don't mean to be a buzz kill or anything, I'm just venting. It pisses me off, I don't walk around dogging "can-tunas" or the gixxer that everyone and their brother has, which I really am not a fan of.
But it's personal preference, nobody seems to get that. [mad]

BuellPastor
03-17-2008, 01:25 PM
He's just mad cause he really wishes he bought the Buell like you did. Come on. I had this guy on a new R1 going gaga over my Buell when we ended up stopped at a light next to each other. He just loved the look and the sound. So do I.

By just looking at the spec sheet, the Buell does not compare that well, but who really rides 120 MPH all the time? There is not another bike more fun in the 35-70 MPH range and that is where I and most riders spend the vast majority of time. Period.

I've owned several bikes, most of them Jap bikes ( all very good bikes - heck, I love motorcycles) but nothing as fun or unique as this one. Even Ducatis , which I love, don't sound as good. Funny thing about this Buell - I just can't seem to ride it enough. Go ride yours and have some fun. My bike handles great (steering locks too soon), the real-world power is wonderful, and has had no problems.

LeFox
03-17-2008, 01:25 PM
people are afraid of the unknown.

the fact that they say a buell handles bad shows that they have never ridden one.
i wouldn't waste energy and argue with people on that...and if you do, just ask them if they have ever took one for a spin. if no, let them get on their 1 of 100000000000000 bike and wish them happy trails.

you could also go and have a drink with they guy change experiences, but park the bikes about 1 meter apart and count which one attrackts the most people
:p

buell is a bike of passion...the looks, the sound, the feel and especially the fun...it's all one package.
for high rev jap bikes it's just about power.

think it was friday, a guy on a r1 was infront of me and he gave me a sign to stop. i though he signed me to pass by, so i did...
we were riding at low rpm since we were in a town and i did some hard accelerations. he tried to race after me and i though to myself, what's up with him'...he finally caught me at a stop and asked me to park somewhere.
he was in love with the looks & sound but was in dissapointed with other 2 cylinder bikes he had owned (sv, etc.) and also heard different stories of the buell, most of them non flattering.

i told him that this was the most fun bike i have ever had, but added that he should not to take my word for it.
some people just don't like the 2 cylinder bikes, so go test one and make up your own mind, dare to be an individual. he laughed in assured me he would go for that testrun :D

BuellPartsGuy
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
IMO, people make fun of other bikes for 2 reasons, they want one but dont want to admit it, or they are afraid of them. lol :p