PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for a light..

zoedogg1
03-17-2008, 05:48 PM
I would like to replace the low beam light with a highbeam. I plan to put in HID's also. This is for an 04 XB12R. Are they available and how much? Thanks

LeFox
03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
[confused]

replacing lowbeam with highbeam?
xenon hid's don't have a highbeam [smirk]

try search function for more info on the hid, there are several on here.

BuellPartsGuy
03-17-2008, 07:55 PM
He wants two high beam housings so that it gets rid of the eyebrow in the beam. Then it would be a wide open beam on both lights.

LeFox
03-17-2008, 08:59 PM
is that the frustrate drivers so the run you over [confused]

racer55
04-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I don't think it would make them much brighter than some Jap bikes lights. I ride on high beam all the time and have had no probs.....Yet

XBear9S
04-19-2008, 04:20 AM
You can usually remove the "obstruction" from your lights with nuthin' more than a little screwdriver. That would be the simplest solution if its the "eyebrow" that botherin' you.

I run my lights backwards. High is low, low is high. I finger the passing-light switch to run both as high. No one ever gives me any grief, and if they flash their lights at me, I just flick both back at them.

Out here in the sticks, where the deer and drunks own the roads, I'll risk pissin' off a redneck over ridin' on a low beam and day (night?). Besides, I can pretty much outrun any of these diesel duellies out here anyhows. And it beats runnin' flamethrowers...

Robtk! a.k.a. "SpecialK!"

"Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls."
--Stirling MossBuelly