PDA

View Full Version : new rider

thisgirlwantstoride
03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
So I currently am into the street scene... but with my slammed 94 civic..
I just recently came up with this desire to learn to ride and the blast looks like a good choice.
I'm only around 5'2 and 140 lbs... I go to the gym a lot but I'm still a little intimidated and afraid I'm going to not only lay the bike down the first try but that I'll get hurt? lol.
I have balls even though I'm a chick but the blast looks like a lot of fun and a good bike to learn on. I'm just looking for opinions from other riders out there and mybe even some advice from when they first learned to ride? E-mail me @ mycivicswaylow53@stny.rr.com if you'd like...

Thanks guys!

BuellPartsGuy
03-17-2008, 07:49 PM
My advice would be to find a dealership around you that offers the riders edge program and enroll in that. It will teach you how to ride and you will be riding a Blast in the class. Give that a shot. Good luck.

LeFox
03-17-2008, 08:57 PM
wooohoo...more chicks on bikes!!! [up]

go for it!
don't be afraid...fear makes you do stupid things when you don't need to be doing them ;)
if you think you're gonna fall, you're already 50% on the ground. think positive and it's a breeze!

mccluresm
03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi, good to see another new female rider on here. Glad to not be the only one.:D

His_and_Her_Buells
03-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Go for it. You simply can't beat the blast as a first bike. They are easy to ride a maintenance is almost nonexistant. Do the rider's edge program or the one through MSF (motorcycle safety foundation) in our state the MSF is about $100 cheaper. Both are designed for people who have never been on a bike before.

thisgirlwantstoride
03-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Thanks so much guys! I will have to look into rider's edge for sure. Might go look around a dealership Thursday not too sure yet...
http://www.myspace.com/laylowgirliexx53
check me out on myspace too since I know everone has one!
I'll keep you guys posted though on my progress.

thisgirlwantstoride
03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
New York does not have Riders Edge... but they have some things through MSF. PA does and I'm not too far from PA so we will see I guess. My thing is.. is that Riders Edge looks like it supplies a bike and I'm doubting the program through MSF does lol so we will have to see. I was thinking about learning how to ride before I bought one since it's kinda like test drivin a car... you know how to drive the car before you leave the lot... you can't really test drive a bike if you don't know how to ride lol.

strmvt
03-19-2008, 03:19 PM
WoW I went and checked NY doesnt have Riders Edge thats shocking. I'm posting a link to their site anyway b/c it has a dealer locator you might be able to find one close enough to goto not sure where in NY you are tho so...

http://www.ridersedge.com/

thisgirlwantstoride
03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the link... I'm actually looking for specs for a 600.. I found sites that showed specs and they had them for a xb9 and xb12 but I can't find anything for a bike that I'm actually interested in.

strmvt
03-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Taken right from Buell's site spec page for the Blast.

http://buell.com/en_us/bikes/blast/blast/specs.asp

I'm not sure what other bike your looking at though if I knew maybe I could find some spec for you

stumpythumpy
03-26-2008, 06:51 AM
I think all MSF courses provide bikes. Riders Edge, you'll learn on a Blast. MSF, you'll learn on a 250 ninja, rebel, nighthawk, or random dual sport, depending on your tastes and size.

thisgirlwantstoride
03-31-2008, 05:37 PM
niiice. deff thinking about it more.. i have the weekend off so might end up checkin some bikes out

squiers007
03-31-2008, 06:30 PM
I had never ridden before and took the Riders Edge course. It was great, they take you through everything step by step and I was pretty confident when I got done, enough so that I went out and bought an 03' XB9R and have been riding it everyday to school ever since. You can't go wrong, plus, at least at my dealership, they were going to give me $100 back if I bought a bike from them once the class was over. So theres another incentive, if they are willing to deal.

bleblanc03
03-31-2008, 06:50 PM
MSF definitely provides a motorcycle and helmet. I highly recommend it. At least in California, the MSF course counts for you DMV on-the-bike test. You just get a certificate in the mail about 10 days after the class that you trade in for your license.

thisgirlwantstoride
04-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Niiice![up]

bevo993071
04-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I took a MSF class and it was easy and fun when I first learned how to ride. They have helmets and jackets for thoes who don't have one. I knew how to ride before taking the class, but it is just nice to be riding legaly with my endorsement from time to time!

WooBitches
04-05-2008, 05:24 AM
I took the MSF class and i loved it. About two weeks later i started looking for a bike and because i am only 5'1 it is hard to find one that fits and when i looked at the buell i feel in love with it and i had found me a blue one that i been wanting and got it i love riding it and they really do awsome in a 5 mph uturn. if you want more info on it let me know ill be more then happy to let ya now. I'm a WooBitch