PDA

View Full Version : Aquiring replacement parts....

scobbie001
03-17-2008, 07:24 PM
BuellPartsGuy...I've got a question. I have a tech near me who works at a Triumph/Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki dealership but is Harley/Buell certified and does absolutely fantastic work, if he got a list of parts together, could you get them for him at a reasonable price (he said he probably couldn't get factory OEM parts)? The nearest Buell dealership is two hours away, and they aren't very helpfull or thorough. Any help is greatly appreciated!

BuellPartsGuy
03-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Get the list together and I will get you a price and try to figure out something. Shouldn't be a problem. I get back to work tomorrow. Remind me.

scobbie001
03-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I really appreciate it sir, thank you!

scobbie001
03-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Sorry for the continuous questions, but...I live in South Carolina, will having the pieces shipped here from the warehouse or factory, (or where ever they are sent from), be a problem? Also, if my mechanic is okay with it, could I set you up with him so you could get the parts to him directly? He works for a motorcycle shop, just not a Harley dealer. Thanks in advance. :)

BuellPartsGuy
03-18-2008, 12:25 AM
They will be shipped to me from the factory then I will ship them to you. I cannot have the directly shipped to you. They have to come to me first. I can ship to him at his shop if you would like.

BuellPartsGuy
03-18-2008, 12:27 AM
They will be shipped to me from the factory then I will ship them to you. I cannot have the directly shipped to you. They have to come to me first. I can ship to him at his shop if you would like.

scobbie001
03-18-2008, 02:34 AM
I'm taking the bike to him in the morning and he is going to look it over and give me an estimate. When I first saw it after the spill, it looked a lot worse than it was...the guy who dropped it cut his hand on the brake lever after it broke off, and his blood along with a ton of dirt and leaves was all over the clean white body. So, from what I'm guessing (I'm sure the mechanic will find more) all I can see is the front fairing, all signals, both mirrors, the right grip and brake lever, and maybe the headlights. I might mod a couple things while I'm replacing stuff...will the 1125R mirrors with the LED signals fit in the stock mounting points on the 9R fairing? And again, I really, really appreciate your help!!! I think I'm gonna have to stick with Buells in the future just because the people who ride them are so damn helpful to each other!

strmvt
03-18-2008, 03:02 AM
Ya the 1125R mirrors will fit the 9r/12r tho you will need to drill a hole for the wiring. I can't remember what forums I saw a guy had them mounted on a 12r I have a pair on order at my dealer

(edit typo)

BuellPartsGuy
03-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Got that list together? lol

scobbie001
03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry for the delay, I work ALOT...I dropped the bike off at the shop this afternoon. The mechanic said he would get me the list by Thursday (he's off tomorrow), and I'll get it to you as soon as he gets it to me. In the mean time you can check a price (if you have time and don't mind) for the stock exhaust (I might go ahead and upgrade if it's financially viable), the stock mirrors, and 1125R mirrors. Thanks again!!!!!! [up]:D

BuellPartsGuy
03-18-2008, 09:20 PM
What year is this thing?

scobbie001
03-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh, sorry, duh....2003 XB9R

BuellPartsGuy
03-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Stock Header - S0101.02A8A - $185.00

Stock Muffler - S0110.02A8 - $303.00

Stock Mirrors - Left - N0161.02A8 - $26.00

Right - N0162.028 - $26.00

1125R Mirrors - Left - N0161.1AM - $58.00

Right - N0162.1AM - $58.00

scobbie001
03-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks a bunch, I'll get that list to you ASAP.

strmvt
03-19-2008, 12:30 AM
slight thread hi-jack here BPG whats the price for a 07 12R header I got a dent in mine gonna see about getting it repaired so I can get it ceramic coated but it has to be "perfect" if I can't get it fixed I'll look into getting another header

BuellPartsGuy
03-19-2008, 12:42 AM
07 XB12R Header - S0101.1AAA - $205.00

strmvt
03-19-2008, 01:21 AM
thanks BPG not to bad hehe less then I thought. when I get my 12R from storage I'll get a few estimates on the repair if it's anywhere near what a new one costs I'll just get a new header and send to get ceramic coated and I won't be w/o my 12R time will tell tho

scobbie001
03-21-2008, 12:41 AM
BuellPartsGuy...I apologize for the delay, I talked to the mechanic today and he said he got swamped with tire changes and oil swaps and didn't have time to tear into my bike. He promised me a parts list by tomorrow afternoon...so I should have one to you by then. Thanks again for your help!

BuellPartsGuy
03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
No biggie. Just keep me updated.

scobbie001
03-28-2008, 11:26 PM
BuellPartsGuy...I (finally) got my parts list. My mechanic has been sick with the flu for the past four days [mad]. Would you like me to call you at work so I can give my credit card info, or just post the list here and go through PayPal?

BuellPartsGuy
03-29-2008, 12:25 AM
I can't do credit card orders and Paypal on a large amount can cost a ton in fees. If you just need a list of prices, I can do that. If you want to place an order through me, we can try and figure something out.

scobbie001
03-29-2008, 01:36 AM
I was planning on placing my order with you...the closest buell dealership is two hours away from me, so I figured it would cost the same to have them shipped from your shop as it would for me to drive there and pick everything up. If you can't, I understand, but you've been super helpful so far and I would like to give my business to you and your shop.

BuellPartsGuy
03-29-2008, 03:47 AM
I can do it for you. We will just need to figure out a payment method that doesn't have any big fees. Send me the list so I know what we are looking at here so we can start to figure out shipping.

scobbie001
03-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Okay, just let know, I'm up for anything, especially anything that's quick :D.

2003 XB9R, white
Parts:
-Both mirrors (04+ with longer stem if they fit)
-Front fairing
-Front fender
-Tail section (don't need the seat cowl)
-Chin fairing (all three pieces, black center piece)
-airbox cover (04+ with vent at gas filler, if it fits)
-All four turn signals
-Right-rear switch housing cover
-Silver brake lever
-Lower belt gaurd
-Ignition/Timing cover(the buell badge, doesnt matter which style) (with rivets)
-Throttle tube
-Grips (whatever you recommend)
-Liquid silver touch up paint
-(and some grip warmers if you have them)

I may not have used the correct terminology on everything, if you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks again!

BuellPartsGuy
03-29-2008, 07:02 AM
I will get a list together on this end tomorrow.

The questions I have just looking at the list

A crash like this, and a list of parts this big, gives you a lot of options to change stock stuff out for better items since you are replacing them anyways. Is there anything that is damaged that you want a possibly better aftermarket item to replace it instead of the stock item? (i.e. mirrors, signals, bodywork, grips)

Do you want 1125R mirrors with signals? They fit with a little more work for the wiring and function better in all ways, also eliminates need for front turn signals. The '04 and later mirrors will also fit with the longer arms for better function.

I will be getting the airbox cover from a 07 XB12R to get the vent in the front like you want. It will have blue decals on it? Is this going to be a problem? Will you want the matching windscreen, front fairing, and tail section stickers to match?

Do you want stock signals in the rear?

The right switch housing only comes as an assembly.

I like the larger Traction grips personally. Would you want those or just stockers?

Is any of the hardware, that holds any of this stuf on damaged? Just about everything I order DOES NOT come with and hardware to mount it, unless it is an accessory. (i.e. heated grips)

scobbie001
03-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks for getting back so quickly!

A crash like this, and a list of parts this big, gives you a lot of options to change stock stuff out for better items since you are replacing them anyways. Is there anything that is damaged that you want a possibly better aftermarket item to replace it instead of the stock item?

That's what I want to do for any aftermarket products that I like that are the same or less in price. I didn't wreck the bike, and I'm not paying for it, so I have to stick to same-price replacements. If you have suggestions on aftermarket products that fit this criterion, please feel free give me your input.

Do you want 1125R mirrors with signals? They fit with a little more work for the wiring and function better in all ways, also eliminates need for front turn signals. The '04 and later mirrors will also fit with the longer arms for better function.

Again, they just cost so much more. How much are the signals? If they price is close, I'll go for it. I can get an integrated LED board for the rear, so I can use the mirrors to pretty much eliminate all four signals. Otherwise I do definately want the '04 and later mirrors...these shorties I have now only show a good view of my shoulders.

I will be getting the airbox cover from a 07 XB12R to get the vent in the front like you want. It will have blue decals on it? Is this going to be a problem? Will you want the matching windscreen, front fairing, and tail section stickers to match?

Whatever parts that come blank, leave it be, if it has decals, don't worry with the color...I'm just going to pull them off anyway. I hate decals. The factory windscreen is cool, but I would prefer solid black...I get some pretty heavy wind turbulence around 80 mph, but it's not because of the screen...I have huge shoulders and wear an XXL helmet...setting a $30 pumpkin on top of a motorcycle doesn't increase aerodynamics...at all .:D
Also, I like the look you get by taking off the belt gaurds...is it 'very' dangerous to ride without them? I do ride with a passenger quite often (that's not going to be a promlem soon, when I get my bike out of the shop, I'm buying her a new 250R ninja, taking it home, and tearing it to pieces...gonna make a sick little street fighter!) So, if not using the belts gaurds isn't that big of a deal, don't worry with it.

The right switch housing only comes as an assembly.

However it has to be done, that's fine.

I like the larger Traction grips personally. Would you want those or just stockers?

I had those, and I'll go with those again...they were pretty comfy.

Is any of the hardware, that holds any of this stuf on damaged? Just about everything I order DOES NOT come with and hardware to mount it, unless it is an accessory.

The only hardware I need is the screws that hold the windscreen down, everything else is still on snug...just scuffs and scratched.

A note on the paint...I need it for the swing arm. There aren't any deep cuts, just looks someone shot balls of steel wool at it with a potato cannon...I'm guess such slight scratches can probably be buffed out with time and compound? If not, I can't get a paint guy I know to sand it a little and blend the touch-up paint in on that side.

Also, if the heated grips are super expensive, it's not a big deal...the coldest weather I rode in this winter was about 45 degrees, but I live in a hilly area with lots of creeks and rivers, and the temperature drops about twenty degrees when you get within a mile of that area...that's a use-the-header-as-a-fireplace-at-the-next-stop-sign moment.[cool]

If you can't order the parts easily and efficiently for you and for me, don't worry about it, just the part numbers would be GREATLY appreciated...I can drive to Gastonia to pick up the order...I just don't want to. And I don't really like the guys at that shop. Before I bought my bike, I went shopping there...as soon as I walked in the door, two salesmen swooped in for the kill. After we talked for a minute or two, the question of what I was looking for came up. When I said the word "Buell," the guy handed me his business card and told me to find him if I needed anything else, and "good day". I had to get the head of the rider's edge program to answer some questions about the 9R that had in stock..and that was after search the entire store for a human with some sort of education.

BuellPartsGuy
03-30-2008, 07:27 AM
I got a list together. As far as payment, the only way I can do a credit card over the phone is if I ship it the the billing address on the card. Other than that, personal check or wire transfer or something like that. Keep in mind that sales tax here is 8.2% and shipping. It would take about a week for the parts to get to me, if nothing is on backorder status, then another few days to ship them all to you. Here's the list. Have any questions, let me know.

Heated Hand Grips - $187.00 - N1050.1AK

Black Windscreen - 79.95 - 58785-02Y

Left Mirror - $19.60 - N0161.2A8

Right Mirror - $19.60 - N0162.2A8

Front Fairing - $132.00 - M1646.5AAMAW

Windscreen Bolts - $1.60 x 4 - AN1005.3FSS
$1.10 x 2 - AN1010.3FSS

Windscreen Wellnuts - $2.35 x 6 - M0703.02A8

Windscreen Nylon Washers - $0.40 x 6 - CB0009.02A8

Front Fender - $70.00 - M1662.02A8MAW

Chin Fairing RH - $42.00 - M1647.5AAMAW

Chin Fairing LH - $42.00 - M1648.5AAMAW

Chin Fairing Center - $31.00 - M0698.02A8AMBE

Intake Cover - $206.00 - M1224.5AAMAW

Tail Section - $112.00 - M1664.5AAMAW

Turn Signal RF/LR - $11.85 x 2 - Y0504.02A8

Turn Signal LF/RR - $11.85 x 2 - Y0503.02A8

RH Switch Housing - $38.50 - N0158.TA

Front Brake Lever - $44.75 - N1202.02A8

Engine Cover - $137.00 - 25782-02A

Timer Cover XB9 - $6.95 - T0111.3A8

Rivet - $1.85 x 2 - C0044.02A8A

Traction Grips - $16.95 - 55959-02Y

Touch Up Paint - $9.45 - M0300.YBD

scobbie001
03-30-2008, 03:41 PM
THANK YOU!! So, since payment and shipping would be so troublesome, do you think it would be better for me to try my "local" Buell dealer? I guess since I have all the prices and part numbers, there should be little left for error on the part of that dealership. I just hate for you to go to all the trouble of looking that stuff up, and me not give you the business :(.

BuellPartsGuy
03-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Its just hard to get money to me when I dont do credit cards over the phone because of all the fraud that has happened.

scobbie001
03-30-2008, 08:50 PM
I help run a business, so I completely understand that. I just don't want to ask you to do work for me, and then not give you the business, that's just discourteous. I'm sure you spend your days at work staring at parts catalogs, so it's not a big deal, but work is work. I actually found a bunch of parts on ebay in new condition pretty cheap, so I may not need much from Harley, but I'll try my Buell dealer here to see if they'll work with me. I really, really do appreciate your help and limitless knowledge!

scobbie001
03-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Left Mirror - $19.60 - N0161.2A8

Right Mirror - $19.60 - N0162.2A8

Are those the '04+ mirrors?

Engine Cover - $137.00 - 25782-02A

I don't think I know what it is you're referring to there. [confused]

BuellPartsGuy
03-31-2008, 02:06 AM
Yes they are '04 and later mirrors.

The nose cone on the right hand side of the engine with the timer cover in it

scobbie001
03-31-2008, 02:21 AM
The nose cone on the right hand side of the engine with the timer cover in it

Ahh...I see...I don't need that...it's fine, the timing cover riverts were just knocked loose, and it know vibarates and rattles.

Did you see my last post on the previous page?

BuellPartsGuy
03-31-2008, 02:48 AM
Yeah, its no big deal. At least you will get the right parts. I'm just trying to make up for the not so Buell friendly dealers out there.

scobbie001
03-31-2008, 03:17 AM
You're good people, my friend! I appreciate it! [up][up][up]

BuellPartsGuy
03-31-2008, 03:37 AM
No problem

vtwnthndr1200
05-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey, I am in need of a 2000 Cyclone M2 Gas Cap. Does anyone know where I can find one( I live in Canada and it will take about a month to receive it here from the Company). Contact me if you have one or if you know of any other after market or universal one that may work ? I'd gladly pay for the shipping costs, Thanks

LeFox
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Hey, I am in need of a 2000 Cyclone M2 Gas Cap. Does anyone know where I can find one( I live in Canada and it will take about a month to receive it here from the Company). Contact me if you have one or if you know of any other after market or universal one that may work ? I'd gladly pay for the shipping costs, Thanks
click (http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/webshop/artikel.asp?guid=YXHFSC&aid=907&cid=0&s=tank&a=) ;)

rb70383
07-23-2008, 08:32 AM
BPG, is the list of parts on the prev psge still valid? I like the white body on the firebolt. We have an 03. Will the 07 and newer white firebolt match? They look like the same shade of white. Also where can you get the 03 air box cover decals? The blue/orange ones.

BuellPartsGuy
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM
All still valid....

You can get those decals at any dealer

jpbuellxb12
08-05-2008, 07:37 PM
hello i have a xb12s and i will like to change the rear tail section to xb12r any one knows where i can get the parts and may be how much it will cost to do that convertion any advise will be very helpfull thank u

BuellPartsGuy
08-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I have done a conversion on here somewhere. Search around, its here somewhere.