PDA

View Full Version : Things to do while it's raining.

Paloma1974
09-24-2010, 07:43 PM
So its been raining here in San Antonio on and off. Luckily I received the race ecm, barker exhaust and the solenoid plug.

I changed the spark plugs, which was kind of easy once I saw it on the forums, no need to rotate the engine; which I would not ever want to do.

Also installed a K&N filter. Anybody done any mods to the air box?

Solenoid removal was really easy as well and the throttle is so much lighter and have better control.

The Barker exhaust is such a nice piece. Not to put down the videos out there but they dont do justice. You have to hear it in person. The bike goes from a large sewing machine to what a v twin should be. The Race ECM works so well with the exhaust. The bike feels fat like it should be not lean and starving for fuel.

Anyway, hopefully the rain stops tomorrow so I can get it on the highway and run her.

upthemaiden
09-24-2010, 07:57 PM
As far as rain activities, I'd say put on some rain gear and go for a ride. Very peaceful if you've got enough stuff on to keep you dry.

Do you have the transparent airbox cover? I just cut up my inner airbox and used some bolts so it's nothing under there but the filter and the cover just big enough to hold the filter on. Looks great with the transparent airbox, plus it sounds a lot better. The majority of that sewing machine noise you heard was the airbox.

anrkizm95
09-24-2010, 10:32 PM
raining just means its easier to slide into a corner.:D

RT Performance
09-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Crappy Day here in Michigan as well 60 and 50 mph wind.
New set of Pure powers Fresh mobile one 20-50 and new fairing kit.
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3929_20100924173809_L.jpg

I seen a post that EBR didn't recommend cutting up or removing the inner box and the factory stuff is plenty.
BTW the noid and it's circuit is completely disabled with the race ECM.

your going to Love the new smooth power curve from 2k up

Paloma1974
09-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Upthemaiden: I wouldnt mind the rain once in a while, its the other people on the road with me, not the greatest drivers:p

anrkizm95: True!

RT Performance: I rode it around the block last night to make sure everything was ok and wow no fueling issues below 3000. Like the fairing kit.

upthemaiden
09-25-2010, 06:24 AM
I seen a post that EBR didn't recommend cutting up or removing the inner box and the factory stuff is plenty.

I didn't assume there'd be any real benefit over one of the newer style airboxes, but with the transparent cover I just couldn't resist. If I had a solid color airbox cover like the 1125s I don't think I would have bothered.

RT Performance
09-25-2010, 07:49 PM
About the air box i agree with the trans parent it would be hard not to this is directly from Erik's face book page.

Chris Lawson Hello Erik! This is my first Buell and I love it! Thanks for a great bike. I do have a question for you. I have an 1125R and there is some debate in regards to removing the upper air box lid. I just wanted to ask the source himself if this is a modification that is worthwhile or if its a waste of time. People have a...
See More
11 hours ago · Comment · Like
Erik Buell This actually hurts power on the road. In a static dyno room without road speed air flowing into the ram air you may see a false power increase with the cover off, but on the road you lose the ram air, and in fact get turbulence around the throttle bodies that takes power away.

upthemaiden
09-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Where do the 1125s get their air from? Do they also just have a the vent around the gas cap? I didn't think any of the Buells actually had ram air. Mine is a 2003 so it has the hole through the frame, but I also have a newer style cover so it has the vent around the gas cap, but I don't really consider either to be ram air since the left side scoop just blows air past the intake hole, and not into it, and there really isn't a lot of air flowing into that little vent.

I definitely believe what Erik says, I just wasn't sure if there was a different between the 1125s and the XBs as far as intake/ram air goes.

RT Performance
09-25-2010, 08:30 PM
the 1125r has a snorkel the inlet is just below the front fairing in the center.

Paloma1974
09-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Yep, you have to remove that snorkel to access the front spark plug. I just like to tell people that the side pods give air to the rads and are also the intake for each throttle body:D