PDA

View Full Version : battery Light

popeye13433
10-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Ok guys i have searched and found nothing to the effect of what i am seeing. every morning when i go to start my bike i have the low voltage light on my cluster. while riding my bike charges around the 13.9 to 14.2 which seems to be right. im just wondering if anyones voltage regulator or stator problems started out like this.

i am just over 1K and i noticed this happening around the 500 mile mark and now it an every day thing

redbolt04
10-07-2010, 06:46 AM
check your battery connections. i know when mine started doing this, it was because of a loose connection to the battery

Red93stang
10-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Have u hade the harness done? Do you have a EBR ECM? My bat light started coming on first and then followed by a CEL then the system voltage appeared in the message center.

popeye13433
10-07-2010, 01:41 PM
i just bought the bike new in july and have not been informed of any recalls i assumed they were completed prior to my purchase. only upgrade is barker exhaust put on post problem

Red93stang
10-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Exhaust has nothing to do with the problem other than maybe building a little more heat in the engine due to a lean condition. Unless u have remapped it for the exhaust. Call the dealer and see if the upgrade has been done.

dreamn76
10-08-2010, 06:46 AM
is it cold where your at? here in western illinois.. when the overnight temps dip below 40°, my check engine and battery light will come on untill I get a mile or two down the raod.. Plus I asked the same question last winter when I did some polar riding.

popeye13433
10-08-2010, 01:36 PM
its northern Michigan but i started noticing it mid summer with the higher overnight temps. I did already check the battery cables when i first started seeing the problem and i know the exhaust has nothing to do with it i was only stating that was all i have done for mods so anyone else reading it would know that i hadn't changed anything that would create the light.

Im going to call the dealer and maybe swing by there to see if the harness has been completed