PDA

View Full Version : Again

scobbie001
03-22-2008, 11:28 PM
I know there are about 500 threads before this about exhausts and ecm questions...but all that jumble of junk hasn't helped...it's just confusing with so many contridicting opinions. I bought a Jardine slip-on, I have no airbox mods whatsoever, and I have an '03 XB9R...if I get the factory race ECM, all I will need to do is get the TPS reset, correct. If I don't get the race ECM, I need to get the stock computer re-mapped, correct? Thanks...I'm sure you're tired of answering this same question.

P.S. I talked to the mechanic this afternoon, he finally started work on my bike, he promised me a list by Monday morning.

LeFox
03-23-2008, 09:34 AM
this is the thread of 'to ecm or not to ecm' with the most detailed info: click (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9-2008-1125R/ecm-required-with-a-slip-on)

a quick recap:
- every change to the in- & outflow require AF ratio adjustments to insure a healthy and top performing engine.
options are race ecm or even better a custom remap.

bought a Jardine slip-on, I have no airbox mods whatsoever, and I have an '03 XB9R...if I get the factory race ECM, all I will need to do is get the TPS reset, correct.
check idle rpm, reset, learn in and go.

If I don't get the race ECM, I need to get the stock computer re-mapped, correct?
if done correctly, your ecm will be mapped, learned and dyno'd. when you get it back, just get on it & ride.

scobbie001
03-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I thought I had it correct, but I've read tons of conflicting information and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks, LeFox! :D Also, as far as resetting the TPS goes, is that something I can do? I'm pretty descent with hardware stuff, but I don't play with automotive computers, that's asking for trouble.

LeFox
03-24-2008, 10:39 AM
once you know how it's easy...but you need to get the software.
you have the regular software that you can buy which only allows you to reset you ecm.
you have ecmspy which gives you total control, but the 1st thing you have to do is backup you ecm incase anything goes wrong, cause this is a very powerfull tool.

if you're going to get your ecm mapped, a reset isn't all that frequently done. so you need to figure out what you're going to do...

bloody hell, just saw that i was in BPG's new forum :o
this is normally used for parts questions